DMN Blog: Do you shut Felix Jones down?

hairic

Reaction score
BIGDen;2430366 said:
Didn't Hurd or someone mention something about Felix having a turf toe issue. If that's the case, that's a bad injury. This is just really frustrating.

Hurd would know better than others (like Tank Johnson, who didn't know). One of the things players on IR get to do is go in to get treatment. That puts them around other injured players getting treatment.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Hostile;2430432 said:
I want him ready for the playoffs and stretch drive.

I can live with this.

esc_JimMoraPlayoffsRant_118776602311881963612.jpg
...............:lmao2:

newlander

Reaction score
relax for the love of god guys. he's nicked up and they'll rest him the next two weeks. Man, if we can't get by SF and SEA w/out him......well, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. He and Pacman should both be back against Pitt at or near 100%. WE SHOULD BE 8-4 BY THEN.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2430432 said:

I can live with this.

I don't know, Hos. I'd sure like to have him these two games. SF looks dangerous to me. And Seattle is getting Hasselback back so I'm not real happy about either of those two teams. But I would prefer he not reinjure himself or worsen things as you're right about needing him those last four games.

DallasDomination;2430435 said:
Can we plase get a competent training staff to get our stud Rookie on the field before Our season is lost?

I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Do you actually truly think they are incompetent? Really. Injuries wax and wane like anything else. You reevaluate each day. There is no linear timetable for the body to heal itself.

newlander;2430526 said:
relax for the love of god guys. he's nicked up and they'll rest him the next two weeks. Man, if we can't get by SF and SEA w/out him......well, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. He and Pacman should both be back against Pitt at or near 100%. WE SHOULD BE 8-4 BY THEN.

I hope you're right. We can likely absorb two losses but three will definitely hurt us badly.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
damn

turf-toe is a pretty debilitating injury for a RB, as he can't plant his foot really well

links18

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like the orgnization is taking these next two games for granted: sitting out PacMan, considering holding Felix back. That's a bad idea.....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
links18;2430568 said:
Sounds a lot like the orgnization is taking these next two games for granted: sitting out PacMan, considering holding Felix back. That's a bad idea.....
I don't understand. If Felix is injured, how can that be equated to the organization taking the next two games for granted?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
The question should be:

Would Felix Jones be in the lineup if this were a playoff game this weekend?

Every game from here on out is a playoff game, imo.

So if he'd play in the post season, he should be playing now.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hostile;2430432 said:

I can live with this.
:hammer:

Shut him down? Are people out of their mind? He adds an entirely new dimension to the offense. As long as he's ready for the first game of the playoffs, that is good enough.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Turns out the undisclosed problem is a 'toe' problem according to DMN....

Hurd said a few weeks ago on inside the huddles commercial break felix had turf toe. People said Hurd was mistaken cause hes on IR. But now this sounds legit, anyone know how long turf toe takes?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dang it. I can live with him being out but I'm tired of these reports about how he's going to practice and/or that he should be back at X time and then a few hours later another report is out that "Well he didn't practice, or was limited, and now he's likely not playing."

Just shut up, don't report he's playing, until he's actually going to play. Stupid media.

Aven8

Reaction score
TheSkaven;2430642 said:
:hammer:

Shut him down? Are people out of their mind? He adds an entirely new dimension to the offense. As long as he's ready for the first game of the playoffs, that is good enough.

We win one game and we're going to the playoffs???? Whoooaaa Nelly.......settle down.....we still have a lot of ball to play.

Ren

Reaction score
links18;2430568 said:

both moves make perfect sense, Felix would not be an effective runner with turf toe and Pacman has been out of football not even practicing for a month. Both would probably do more harm then good if they play before they're ready

links18

Reaction score
Ren;2430921 said:
both moves make perfect sense, Felix would not be an effective runner with turf toe and Pacman has been out of football not even practicing for a month. Both would probably do more harm then good if they play before they're ready

Can a rusty PacMan play any worse than Henry? If Felix really is hurt than that is that, but the continuously conflicting reports have to make you wonder. Why are we getting injury updates from Sam Hurd?

sbark

Reaction score
awww.......he was getting too close to meeting all the incentives in his rookie contract anyway.....:rolleyes:

Ren

Reaction score
links18;2431087 said:
Can a rusty PacMan play any worse than Henry? If Felix really is hurt than that is that, but the continuously conflicting reports have to make you wonder. Why are we getting injury updates from Sam Hurd?

Don't let Henry be the standard you can be better then Henry and still suck as far as covring people Skandrick and Jenkins are doing a pretty good job, and i put a hell of a lot more stock in what Hurd said when he thought he was off the air then what Wade says when it comes to this injury. All signs are pointing to Hurd being spot on