DMN Blog: Felix Jones should be fine in six months

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2432140 said:
I don't like the idea of Barber continuing to be the workhorse back

he's not LT

He does not need to be LT. I think some are selling Barber short he is capable. Only in recent years have teams rotated back in and out, at one time most backs did carry the load and I don't see any reason why Barber can't do the job. Hell he looked stronger in the 4th qrt of the skins game than he did the 1st qrt of the game.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2432140 said:
I don't like the idea of Barber continuing to be the workhorse back

he's not LT

Then he needs to give back his bonus

Reaction score
dbair1967;2432364 said:
Bob Sacamano;2432349 said:
Once Romo is right, with the weapons we have in the passing game I suspect we're gonna open it up bigtime anyway.

Based on what?

Cold weather + Garrett = Conservative playcalling.

Magic 8-ball says 'Highly Unlikely'

Reaction score
noletime95;2432383 said:
Obviously this is a big concern for the short term. But I'm also concerned long term. Anyone watch SD play this year? Gates IS NOT his old self. Not even close after having a similar operation in the offseason.

Now part of the issue with him could be that he played on it until January where Felix isn't taking that risk.

I hope Felix isn't limping around next year like Gates. He'd be totally ineffective if he is.

Felix has a couple more months of healing time than Gates had...

And Gates made it worse by playing on it throughout playoffs...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
the Cowboys will consider promoting Alonzo Coleman off the practice squad or perhaps signing a back off the street.

Coleman might be our best option. There's not much available on the street. Keon Lattimore and Tyson Thompson are both available, if we want to bring back someone who has at least been in the system before. (Lattimore would be more likely to replace Coleman on the practice squad than get signed to the roster.) Of the other street free agents, the best two options might be Vernand Morency and Darius Walker. They've both shown some ability to run and catch, and Morency has returned kickoffs.