DMN Blog: Felix Jones to IR; S Tra Battle signed

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2444545 said:
seems a little small....maybe he can by our Bob Sanders.

Oh, you mean the being hyped beyond belief despite actual production and then injured every year on top of it? lol.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2444545 said:
seems a little small....maybe he can by our Bob Sanders.

Sanders is short, but he's not small.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What I could find on Tra Battle.

Contrary to the post, he was released on Nov 22nd from the Chargers practice squad, so he wasn't with a team.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Ht: [/FONT]5-11 [FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Wt: [/FONT]167
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Position: [/FONT] S [FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Date of Birth: [/FONT] 01/05/1985 [FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Class: [/FONT] Junior [FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]High School: [/FONT] Mary Persons HS
(Forsyth, GA) [FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]College:[/FONT] Georgia
Biography: 2003 -- Made Bulldog debut in season opener....valuable reserve all season for a defense that ranked 2nd nationally in Scoring Defense (14.5 ppg), 4th in Total Defense (276.86 ypg), 6th in Passing Defense (174.50 ypg), 14th nationally in Turnover Margin (+.79), and 4th in number of scoreless quarters (25) among the AP's final Top Ten teams.....

2004 -- Recorded seven tackles in annual spring G-Day game....appeared in all 11 games...made 22 tackles, 16 solo...had three pass-breakups...best game was against LSU (four solo tackles, first career sack for loss of 11 yards, forced a fumble, broke up a pass, logged quarterback pressure)...started at Kentucky for injured Thomas Davis...key contributor on special teams as well... recipient of Iron Man Award (players who do not miss a practice or summer workout during the year) at conclusion of the '04 season....part of team that has posted 42-10 record from 2001-04 (sixth best in the country), three straight seasons of 10 or more wins, three straight bowl victories, and three consecutive national top six finishes...

Seems like a jag to me, probably just on the roster to give us an extra body on special teams but won't see any real action. He's also pretty darn small for a safety, free or strong. 170 lbs? Can you imagine him trying to come up in the box, he'd get toss like a small child.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2444202 said:
173 lbs? Him and Ball need to be tied to the buffet table.

The both need to take the Montrae Holland speed-eating course.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
cowboyed;2444725 said:
The both need to take the Montrae Holland speed-eating course.

How fat is Holland exactly because our whole offensive line is huge, i know he got cut from denver because of his weight but is he heavier than our other OL?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys wasting no time with Tra Battle

2:41 PM Wed, Nov 26, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

How's this for a whirlwind Thanksgiving week: Tra Battle said he had just left a community service event with the Chargers on Tuesday and was eating lunch. The phone rang around 1 p.m. and he was told to be the airport by 5:30 p.m.

Bye-bye, Chargers practice squad. The 5-11, 173-pound rookie safety is now a member of your Dallas Cowboys.

Battle took Felix Jones' roster spot, and the Cowboys are putting him on the field ASAP. Battle will play on the kickoff coverage team and could play on defense if the situation arises.

"Basically I'm just going to come in and contribute what I can to the team," Battle said.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
love this move

it's geared towards the special teams, so that we don't have to rely on useless bodies Pat Watkins and Courtney Brown

plus there's the intangible factor, seems like the guy plays w/ a spark

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2444917 said:
the Cowboys are putting him on the field ASAP. Battle will play on the kickoff coverage team and could play on defense if the situation arises.
If anyone figures out what number he is please post it. I want to watch for him on kickoff coverages.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;2444272 said:
Level off? They never reached the summit. :D

I agree, though, that they should look elsewhere for young safety talent because they have none.

their summit was sea level.....and since they are playing at a trench like pace.....Battle has to be an improvement.

BTW, anyone else we can pluck away from the Chargers.....

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Biggems;2445168 said:
their summit was sea level.....and since they are playing at a trench like pace.....Battle has to be an improvement.

BTW, anyone else we can pluck away from the Chargers.....

Is OLB Antwan Applewhite still on their PS?

I am rooting for Tra Battle to succeed, how can anyone not like a hardworking good character guy? But I hope the Cowboys hedge their bets and bring back DB Daren Stone and a speed backup RB (and returner) WHEN they put Kosier and Watkins on IR.