DMN Blog: Is Romo a Franchise Quarterback?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1485983 said:
Learn something new everyday.

I always thought 3 times 3 equaled 9, apparently it's 3 plus 3.

I guess they're crediting one fumble of the high snap to him, and which he recovered and got the pass off

can't explain the other 2 though

I guess they count as a recover only if you fall on it

edit: trying to explain why they only account for 6 out of his 9 fumbles

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
In the Giants game, you posted a mediocre 23 points and the defense came up relatively strong there (20 points). Romo didn't do well against a poor secondary (no TDs, 2 INTs and a 58.1 rating).
Wasn't it Romo that threw that 30+ yard pass in the final drive to Witten to set up the game winning FG? :confused::confused::confused:

In the New Orleans game, neither side of the ball did well for the Boys, so to blame the defense completely is ******** (they were playing the #1 offense in the league after all). Romo didn't do so well against a very poor secondary (58.8 rating with a 48.8 completion percentage and 1 TD and 2 INTs).
Got me there. They destroyed us on all sides of the ball. I guess Romo can't be good if he has a bad game. Darn. Who was your QB again?

In the ATL game, you did well because, again, a mismatched team. I don't know how much stock I'd put into burning the vastly overmatched DeAngelo Hall over and over again.
The ol' if your opponent does well, criticize their opposition trick. Whatever.

Against Philly, the only team that had a decent secondary in this stretch, he posted one TD and 2 INTs for a horrid 45.5 rating. He absolutely got abused by the only halfway decent defense.
Yet he single-handedly drove the ball down to the 1 yard line where 4 separate running attempts couldn't punch the ball in. Yup, it was all on Romo.

Against Detriot, he again did well against a vastly overmatched Detriot defense. 111 rating and over 300 yards. Yay, he was able to burn one of the worst defenses in the league.
OH NO!!! He performed well against a bad team!!! That means he sucks!!!

Then, though I disagree with the game plan, he did mediocre against a horribly depleted Seattle Secondary. That Terry Glenn fumble wouldn't have happened if that was even a remotely accurate pass. He should have utterly destroyed the Seahawks but he didn't.
What? Remotely accurate? It was perfectly accurate. Glenn caught the ball fine. He just had it punched out by the defender. Your just pulling **** out of your *** now.

Romo started out slow in that game and that was helped by some drops/fumbles by the receivers. But he led several late game drives one for a score and the one nearly won the game. Yet Glenn and the defense give up 9 points in a matter of 35 seconds and somehow Romo gets the blame. Whatever.

So as you can see, he had great games which brings up his average but he was horrid on a couple of those games too. Which is to say, he struggled.
He had two bad games. The Eagles gamd and the Saints game. That's 2 bad games in 11 starts. I'll take that any season.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Romo a Franchise Quarterback?

Maybe.

I think the real question is when do you know you have a franchise quarterback.
What does it take to prove he's a franchise QB?

Zen

Reaction score
Biggest problem with Romo is he is not signed to a long term deal.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
bbgun;1485841 said:
Speaking of franchise quarterbacks:

http://img178.*************/img178/4091/capt4fbc595baf2c4895af1bj5.jpg

G-D on the right and Jesus on the left !!!!