DMN: BLOG: Jerry Jones accepts blame for Jivin' at Joule Gone Wrong, praises Pacman

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Jerry Jones accepts blame for Jivin' at Joule Gone Wrong, praises Pacman Jones' compliance in NFL program

6:45 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Adam "Pacman" Jones' problems were solved during his trip to Boston, but they apparently weren't alcohol related. Jerry Jones took care of the issue by canning Pacman's security patrol.

"Yes, i do take responsibility for the fact that is was my own security that the issue was a part of," Jerry said, though he stressed that he was not throwing bodyguard/babysitter/bathroom brawler Tommy Jones "under the bus."

Jerry, who once labeled the possibility of suspending Pacman as ridiculous before reversing field after Roger Goodell's decision, did go on the record again as supporting the sheriff's decision. But he also praised Pacman for his compliance in the NFL's probation plan.

Said Jerry: "He's been in the NFL program and adhered to to the T for two years and did exactly what the NFL program would do, which by the way had no provision for him not to have a drink and literally graduated from that and for behavior and otherwise."

So Jerry is welcoming back Pacman with open arms and an apology. Wade Phillips wasn't so fired up about the subject, preferring to wait until Pacman arrives to talk about him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cbz40;2432236 said:
Adam "Pacman" Jones' problems were solved during his trip to Boston, but they apparently weren't alcohol related. Jerry Jones took care of the issue by canning Pacman's security patrol.

"Yes, i do take responsibility for the fact that is was my own security that the issue was a part of," Jerry said, though he stressed that he was not throwing bodyguard/babysitter/bathroom brawler Tommy Jones "under the bus."

Jerry, who once labeled the possibility of suspending Pacman as ridiculous before reversing field after Roger Goodell's decision, did go on the record again as supporting the sheriff's decision. But he also praised Pacman for his compliance in the NFL's probation plan.

Said Jerry: "He's been in the NFL program and adhered to to the T for two years and did exactly what the NFL program would do, which by the way had no provision for him not to have a drink and literally graduated from that and for behavior and otherwise."

So Jerry is welcoming back Pacman with open arms and an apology. Wade Phillips wasn't so fired up about the subject, preferring to wait until Pacman arrives to talk about him.
Oh no. He's not throwing Tommy Jones under the bus at all. :rolleyes:

Good Gawd, Jerry, this sucking up to Pacman is ridiculous. Don't you have any self-respect?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'd like the see the exact quote on the apology bit. I doubt Jerry actually used that word. Sounds like Tim MacMahon editorializing to me.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2432245 said:

Good Gawd, Jerry, this sucking up to Pacman is ridiculous. Don't you have any self-respect?

You have to ask?;)

jimmy40

Reaction score

Don't you know Tommy Jones wishes he could tell his side of the story. I wonder how long he has to keep quite to keep from getting sued by Jerry.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score

:huh: What did he say? :confused:

Sounds like Jerry had a 12-pack before making that statement.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just once, Jerry Jones could allow a troubled player to take public responsibility for their own negative actions and not comment on their behalf. This was definitely an opportunity for the general manager to remained silent in the background and allowed the person in question to step into the spotlight. Then again, Jerry Jones has always been TOO protective of his players.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cbz40;2432236 said:

You mean Pac-man could have a drink??? Surprising....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Unfortunately bad situations and Adam Jones being in the same place are not surprising.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
khiladi;2432658 said:

I wouldn't take that to the bank just yet. My guess is he did get gigged on the alcohol.

odog422

Reaction score
khiladi;2432658 said:

I could have sworn when all this went down Jerry publicly said how Jones could not drink. Now it's that it wasnt part of the provisions of his NFL program.

Once again, it's not Pac's fault...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cbz40;2432236 said:
Jerry Jones accepts blame for Jivin' at Joule Gone Wrong, praises Pacman Jones' compliance in NFL program

6:45 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Over-bearing, egotistical, back-peddling, bumpkin. Get a clue Bodine. You're the new and lesser improved Al Davis of the NFL. Congrats.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score

No wonder this team plays dumb football much of the time and leads the league in penalties!

Seven

Reaction score
khiladi;2432658 said:

By all means, yes. It works wonders for him. :rolleyes:

Seven

Reaction score

No. No, he doesn't. He's got alot more to offer in that respect, unfortunately.