DMN Blog: Jerry Jones compares Tashard Choice to Emmitt Smith

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
SteveOS;2433255 said:
I'm guessing he sucks at picking up the blitz, I don't see any other reason why he can't get 10 touches a game w/ Felix on IR. Just makes no sense, as everytime I've seen him carry the ball, he seems to gain yards. I haven't seen him catch a ball, maybe he has butterfingers, but I find that highly unlikely. Very strange.

Someone is paying attention.

Velvet Jones;2433365 said:
Who hasn't Jerry compared to Emmitt??

He didn't say he was ES. He actually said he's not. He just said his north-south running style is similar. Just do what everyone else does with Jerry. Ignore him. The players do. I've finally learned it after 20+ years.

So........I'm slow at times.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
MacMahon said:
Jerry Jones compares Tashard Choice to Emmitt Smith

Jerry said:
now we all know Emmitt Smith, and he's no Emmitt Smith

MacMahon, you fail again.

But you succeed at trying to stir up crap. Deion would be proud.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
jobberone;2433380 said:
He didn't say he was ES. He actually said he's not. He just said his north-south running style is similar. Just do what everyone else does with Jerry. Ignore him. The players do. I've finally learned it after 20+ years.

I think I have heard it before. "I am not saying he is Emmitt, but he has the same build as him." "I am not saying he is Emmitt, but he swivels at the waist the same way or gets low the same." (please note; not direct quotes. lol)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am just glad that Jerry is on the ball.

:bang2: Meddler.... Back to the Future...and Campo is here... GREAT!!!

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
There will only ever be one Emmitt Smith. I know some say he was not the greatest of all time. That may or may not be true. But he was the most durable for sure.

Look at how many backs are used up by 30. Emmitt at age 35, in his last year had almost 1000 yards for Arizona. He touched the ball nearly 6000 times in his career, an insane number.He was a freak of nature, or had some really good drugs! :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Choice actually does remind me a lot of Emmitt Smiff.

Wood

Reaction score
Its absolutely the kiss of death. I remember when Jerry said Quincy Carter was the best raw QB to come out of college since Dan Marino....When Jerry starts making these ridiculous comparisons...its usually the beginning of the end for that player.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2433428 said:
There will only ever be one Emmitt Smith. I know some say he was not the greatest of all time. That may or may not be true. But he was the most durable for sure.

Look at how many backs are used up by 30. Emmitt at age 35, in his last year had almost 1000 yards for Arizona. He touched the ball nearly 6000 times in his career, an insane number.

That's why it's always amusing to see people start thinking a running back could break Emmitt's record just because he's got 10,000 yards by age 28 or whatever. They forget that Emmitt not only was one of the two or three most productive backs in history at an early age, he was by far the most productive feature back in history at a late age.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wood;2433497 said:
Its absolutely the kiss of death. I remember when Jerry said Quincy Carter was the best raw QB to come out of college since Dan Marino....
:lmao2:

Somehow I missed that one...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Now if we could activate Amendola we could have Wes Welker and Emmitt Smith on the field at the same time. That would be unstoppable.

Or we could activate Alonzo Coleman, who surprisingly enough, Jerry seems optimistic about.

This was before Marion Barber signed his seven-year extension and while first-rounder Felix Jones and fourth-rounder Tashard Choice were practicing for the first time with the Dallas Cowboys.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones reminded any and all of No. 30.

"Did you see No. 30 out there with that 4.3 speed?" Jones said.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2433220 said:
11:02 AM Fri, Nov 21, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

For whatever reason, Wade Phillips is hesitant to give Tashard Choice a significant role in the offense. Phillips mentioned yesterday that he hoped to get Choice more carries ... when the Cowboys were cruising late with a big lead.

Jerry Jones, on the other hand, is all fired up about the fourth-round pick's potential. He went so far as to note that Choice, who has 72 yards on 13 carries, has a similar style to the NFL's all-time leading rusher.

"He's a very good runner," Jerry told Norm Hitzges on The Ticket this morning. "Reminds you - now we all know Emmitt Smith, and he's no Emmitt Smith - but he does remind you with his running style. He's so efficient in how he makes his yards. He's a north-south runner. Give him a chance, and he's going to do some good."

Is Choice ready to give Marion Barber a break for five or 10 carries per game?

"Yes," Jerry answered. "Absolutely."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
This makes me ask, if he's like Emmitt, why haven't we seen more of him??

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's fun to make fun of Jerry Jones and stuff, but TC is an efficient, north-south runner. He's kind of porportioned like Emmitt, and he does have a lot of heart.

If the guy says 'he's no Emmitt, but he's the same style of runner,' who can have a problem with that?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2433401 said:
I think I have heard it before. "I am not saying he is Emmitt, but he has the same build as him." "I am not saying he is Emmitt, but he swivels at the waist the same way or gets low the same." (please note; not direct quotes. lol)

At least he didn't say he looks great in the shower. :laugh2:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Idgit;2433491 said:
Choice actually does remind me a lot of Emmitt Smiff.

AH HA!! It's Jethro!!

Perfect username, BTW. You wear it well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seven;2433578 said:
AH HA!! It's Jethro!!

Perfect username, BTW. You wear it well.

It was meant to be ironic, but turned out to be descriptive. Oh, well.

Tony Romo reminds me of Brett Favre, and Roy Williams reminds me of Michael Irvin. Antoine Winfield reminds me of Terrance Newman. Wade Phillips reminds me of a fat, old, good-natured lesbian. Where's the outrage?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Idgit;2433530 said:
I know it's fun to make fun of Jerry Jones and stuff, but TC is an efficient, north-south runner. He's kind of porportioned like Emmitt, and he does have a lot of heart.

If the guy says 'he's no Emmitt, but he's the same style of runner,' who can have a problem with that?
Cause people gloss over the words "no" and "but"

BBQ101

Reaction score
Idgit;2433593 said:
It was meant to be ironic, but turned out to be descriptive. Oh, well.

Tony Romo reminds me of Brett Favre, and Roy Williams reminds me of Michael Irvin. Antoine Winfield reminds me of Terrance Newman. Wade Phillips reminds me of a fat, old, good-natured lesbian. Where's the outrage?

It's been a long while since I've done it, but that sentence right there made me chortle. Thank you for that.

BBQ