DMN Blog: Jerry Jones keeps Wade Phillips...Here's Why

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2525442 said:
Exactly, the contract demands that TO plays at least 1 more season before the cap hit would be doable for a trade or release.

This is the same thing with Romo. Posters on here have been saying that we need to bring in competition for Romo and threaten to bench Romo if he plays bad.

Problem is that Romo has $100 million dollar contract that has been reworked several times with more guaranteed money added each time. Now we cant have a backup making this type of coin and we cant trade or release him either because of the cap hit. Thus, Romo is the starting QB for at least the next 3-5 seasons before any talk of a trade/release would even be feasable.

All we need for Romo is someone to get on his butt and make him work hard in the off-season and stay in shape and ride him constantly about not making stupid decisions and being careless with the football.

Norv's comments to Jerry about Romo needing someone to stay on him were prophetic.

Ren

Reaction score
oh joy! i my self can't wait for another year of sloppy undisciplined football

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Using cost as an excuse as to why Cowher won't be hired makes no sense. Jerry will pay whatever it takes to win. If he thinks Cowher is the man then he will pay him. $5 mil a year is nothing to a guy who owns a $1 billion team.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2525442 said:
Exactly, the contract demands that TO plays at least 1 more season before the cap hit would be doable for a trade or release.

This is the same thing with Romo. Posters on here have been saying that we need to bring in competition for Romo and threaten to bench Romo if he plays bad.

Problem is that Romo has $100 million dollar contract that has been reworked several times with more guaranteed money added each time. Now we cant have a backup making this type of coin and we cant trade or release him either because of the cap hit. Thus, Romo is the starting QB for at least the next 3-5 seasons before any talk of a trade/release would even be feasable.
I thought Romo's contract was for about $67M and was not aware of Romo's contract being renegotiated even once. When did that happen?

newlander

Reaction score
EPLOcO is right: he's going to keep them around and give them one more year based on the idea that the injuries were to blame. All the real fans, writers, and football fans know different , but it looks like that what he's going to do. If the team didn't lack discipline, commit scads of penalties and get outcoached most every time they play a good team, I could go along with that line of thinking............................