DMN Blog: Jerry Jones' seat on the Brad Johnson bandwagon isn't very comfortable

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2387056 said:
Maybe, but his career numbers are better than what Brad's putting up in this offense, and Bollinger's never had this much talent to work with, so it's reasonable to assum he'd put up better numbers here than in his career.

Well I do think we are going to see him unfortunately because this game I think ends up a blowout real early.

and the fact that Jerry is forcing him on the staff, because of owens not getting the ball enough.

So we will all find out sunday.

and then in two weeks we can get back to having a real quarterback and not worrying about this pointless argument over the backup.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2387070 said:
and then in two weeks we can get back to having a real quarterback and not worrying about this pointless argument over the backup.
Knock on wood.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2387063 said:
Dude, he was asked a question about TO.
You're 100% correct. So, he can't expound on the other woes that his offense is facing that are also contributing to Owens' "sorry stats"? If he's being quoted correctly, he obviously can't.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
This takes me back to the old Chutch-Henson debate. Who will be worse?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2387070 said:
But we'll still be worrying about the offensive line providing more protection for Romo if he continues his Brady imitation of staying in the pocket far longer than he would have prior to this season. One good hit and his injury could resurface.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DallasEast;2387073 said:
You're 100% correct. So, he can't expound on the other woes that his offense is facing that are also contributing to Owens' "sorry stats"? If he's being quoted correctly, he obviously can't.
He was asked, "What about TO's sorry stats?"

He replied, "The guy was open, so it's not his problem."

I just don't understand what he did wrong there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DallasEast;2387082 said:
But we'll still be worrying about the offensive line providing more protection for Romo if he continues his Brady imitation of staying in the pocket far longer than he would have prior to this season. One good hit and his injury could resurface.

well we are always going to worry about the protection. Especially with the stretch we have coming.

I am confident the offense will get rolling. Getting romo back for the guys on offense is going to be a jolt of energy, I think it will be like restarting the season.

I fully expect the offense to be nothing short of tremendous when romo, kosier and jones are back.

cowboyed

Reaction score
theogt;2387095 said:
He was asked, "What about TO's sorry stats?"

He replied, "The guy was open, so it's not his problem."

I just don't understand what he did wrong there.

I am with you. It's called grasping at straws to vent over our current qb situation.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I heard T.O. hasn't had a 100 yard game this season. that's pathetic.

Mansta54

Reaction score
JJ doesn't need to shut up, it's his team and he called it like he saw it. BJ was flatout terrible in both the games he's played in. TO is our money man and we have to get him the ball. Of course others have to touch the rock too but when your star reciever is running WIDE OPEN numerous times, your QB has to get him the ball. I'm glad JJ told the truth about what he saw. BJ is flatout awful and I'd luv to see BB play. He can't do any worse then BJ...

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
We are going to see Bollinger on Sunday.

Whether it's a good or bad thing is yet to be determined.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
jobberone;2387036 said:
I keep asking this question and no one answers me.

Johnson made all the throws in preseason. What has or is happening that is making Johnson look like crap?

Please hold on the he sucks or the game has passed him by stuff. Thanks.

I saw the same thing in that 3rd preseason game where he got to play with some of the starters. Maybe the difference is that he was getting enough practice reps to keep his accuracy honed over a period of time. Now he's been getting all the reps for the last two weeks (this week being the 3rd), so we'll see if the accuracy increases this week. If not, maybe he's succumbing to pressure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2387242 said:
We are going to see Bollinger on Sunday.

Whether it's a good or bad thing is yet to be determined.
For his sake, Bollinger will need to play above average to satisfy some fans expectations of him.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
It's not like T.O was tearing it up before Romo couldn't play with the finger.

I think Roy Williams #11 will get the ball this week.