DMN Blog: Keyshawn to the rescue

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keyshawn to the rescue

On Fox's Best Damn Sports Show Period, ex-Cowboy receiver Keyshawn Johnson went off on current Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, who made critical comments of coach Bill Parcells and once again said he was not used correctly in the offense.

Here's what Keyshawn said Tuesday: "T.O. is at it again. He’s just got to get on TV, he can’t let the Manning’s out-do him. I don’t think he knows what he’s saying. He can’t help himself. He’s like a bucket where the water just keeps flowing. Someone needs to plug him up. Some people only care about their own individual accolades. He needs some serious help.”

Even Owens' former teammate, Jerry Rice, took a shot: "After Terrell started having some success, you saw a different side to him. This year was a different year for him. He led the league with 18 drops. I felt like I should have come out of retirement."

Posted by Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 11:35 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

k19

Reaction score
I say we lock the 2 of them in a room and see who comes out in one piece

JJB500

Reaction score
k19;1334616 said:
I say we lock the 2 of them in a room and see who comes out in one piece
Ask Hugh Douglas who he would bet on!

Frozen700

Reaction score
lol Keyshawn just needs to shut up....he sucked here..n he sucks at Carolina...he has no room to talk...just because hes not talked about he feels the need to take a shot at someone way at the top...

Rice is just mad..cuz he knows TO was a bigger threat at SF..and when he left they felt they didnt need his old ***....sure he was a great route runner...but who would u rather have with with 10 seconds left on the clock no timeouts at the 20 yard line? somebody who will go up and wrestle for the ball...n jerry rice knows that..lol

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry Rice in his prime is 10 times the football player than T.O. in his prime ...............

And I think T.O. is the best WR we have had since Mike was here .....

But trying to compare him to rice is crazy ....

k19

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1334641 said:
lol Keyshawn just needs to shut up....he sucked here..n he sucks at Carolina...he has no room to talk...just because hes not talked about he feels the need to take a shot at someone way at the top...

Rice is just mad..cuz he knows TO was a bigger threat at SF..and when he left they felt they didnt need his old ***....sure he was a great route runner...but who would u rather have with with 10 seconds left on the clock no timeouts at the 20 yard line? somebody who will go up and wrestle for the ball...n jerry rice knows that..lol

So you'd rather have Key than TO?

maxsports

Reaction score
Key is just upset that he is an afterthought now. Noone cares about Keyshawn Johnson anymore. Boo Hoo

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I could see if this were the 1st time Key offered his opinion about TO, but isn't this like the 3rd/4th time he's done it? this just screams attention-***** more than anything else, because noone is asking him about his play now, or is he willing to offer it, just something 2 interviews ago that he was the 1st WR chosen in '96

joseephuss

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1334641 said:

I doubt Rice is mad about that. He knew what was up in his last season in San Fran. He understood that in 2000 a then 27 year old T.O. should be expected to play better than a then 38 year old Rice. I would still take Rice going for the ball in the final seconds of a game in his latter days. He was great at fighting for the ball in the air. It is why he is the all time leader in TD receptions and has the single season record as well.

Frozen700

Reaction score
joseephuss;1334734 said:
I doubt Rice is mad about that. He knew what was up in his last season in San Fran. He understood that in 2000 a then 27 year old T.O. should be expected to play better than a then 38 year old Rice. I would still take Rice going for the ball in the final seconds of a game in his latter days. He was great at fighting for the ball in the air. It is why he is the all time leader in TD receptions and has the single season record as well.

yea thats the thing tho...he was good...now that hes not getting talked about no more...he feels the need to open his mouth...just like old rappers...now that 50 cent..and all these new rappers are getting exposure n selling tons of records..the old rappers come out n say "man there killing hiphop" just because thier old music/style is forgotten...just like rice's accomplishments/records are not talked about ever...y? Cuz TO has all the talk..so theres no room for the media n sports outlets to remenesse on the old days...cuz they rather tak about 1 man 95 percent of the time..sad? yes...but hey thats y hes upset

the big 88

Reaction score
Keyshawn should just keep his mouth shut but saying you would take T.O over Rice is just ridiculous rofl

Frozen700

Reaction score
the big 88;1334821 said:
Keyshawn should just keep his mouth shut but saying you would take T.O over Rice is just ridiculous rofl

u talking to me? show me were i said that? i said i would rather have TO at the 20 yard line..not overall

so u can rofl all u want....have fun with the floor while u at it use protection ;)

the big 88

Reaction score
Ahahah, why you barking at my comment? Ill still say your full comment is ridiculous, rice was the best at what he did. T.O dropped 18 balls and I'm my opinion he cost us a few games because those drops were key! 20 yards to go or not. Let's see what he does for us next year