WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Locker Room Report
1:29 PM Mon, Dec 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Tony Romo, who didn't wear a splint in practice today, said he's not sure if he will go without it for the Steelers game.

Marion Barber said he will not wear a special shoe for the Steelers game, but could wear a plate in his shoe. There was a walking boot in front of Barber's locker. By the way, Barber said he expects to play Sunday.

Newly signed linebacker Steve Octavien said he will play all the special teams units in Pittsburgh this week. Octavien will play the Moe linebacker spot. Octavien said he's never played in a 3-4 scheme.

Secondary coach Dave Campo said Pacman Jones looked great in practice and that he's taking things more seriously this time around.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Marion Barber: 'Tell `em, 'God bless''

1:44 PM Mon, Dec 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Everyone's favorite media mogul, Marion Barber, didn't have much to say today, other than to indicate he will play on Sunday.

One group of reporters took a run at Barber, and he offered nothing. Two more reporters chased him down again outside the training room. When told that we needed something to put on the news, Barber said: "Tell `em, 'God bless.'"

At least, Barber couldn't run away like he did after the Thanksgiving Day win over hapless Seattle. That day, he walked out of the locker room and jumped into a white Mercedes -- only to move about 10 feet and getting stopped by security and other traffic.

Based on what Wade Phillips said today and Barber's head nod, there's no way he's missing this week's game. And considering it's going to be 35 degrees on Sunday, the running game will be huge.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Good news about Barber and Pacman Jones.

Barber should wear steel toed shoes. LoL. Hurt them Steelers.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Hard to believe Pacman didn't take this seriously the first time around.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
One group of reporters took a run at Barber, and he offered nothing. Two more reporters chased him down again outside the training room. When told that we needed something to put on the news, Barber said: "Tell `em, 'God bless.'"

Marion Barber said he will not wear a special shoe for the Steelers game, but could wear a plate in his shoe. There was a walking boot in front of Barber's locker. By the way, Barber said he expects to play Sunday.

Apparently, he talks to some reporters, and not others.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Chief;2455538 said:
Apparently, he talks to some reporters, and not others.

Either that or Barber may have been talking to the medical staff and a reporter was eavesdropping.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2455515 said:
Secondary coach Dave Campo said Pacman Jones looked great in practice and that he's taking things more seriously this time around.
Sounds like Dave only got pantsed twice today.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
dmq;2455536 said:
Hard to believe Pacman didn't take this seriously the first time around.

I thought everyone was taking it less serious and after Romo got injured, intensity in practice increased.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I think there will be 5 keys to beating Pitt on Sunday :

(1) Our center (Gurode) simply must handle pitt's NT one-on-one. If he does, it will free up the backs to provide blitz support from the edges where Pitt is strongest. Barber will be needed for this support.

(2) I hope Garrett decided to use the run to set up the pass. This will favor our OL to wear down Pitt's DL as the game progresses. If Gurode holds his own, this will open up the running lanes to the outside. Guards will be able to pull more freely, thus allowing Dalals to attach nort-south and side-to-side.

(3) It will also help if Deion Anderson is part of the running gameplan. Everyone will be keying on Barber, but if Gurode holds his own, Anderson can be effective on those FB draw plays. Combined with a run-firstr gameplan, this will keep Pitt's defense off balance, force the backers/safeties to cheat in, and then it's "bombs away" with play action.

(4) Finally, Dallas needs to limit its mistakes on offense. Period! Pitt is great at getting turnovers and making pass-happy teams pay with INTs. Dallas simply must take that tempo under control. Using a run-first scheme (see above) will go a long way towards controlling the game and dictating to Pitt's secondary. If that happens they will be no match for Dallas' firepower on offense.

(5) Defense has to keep doing its thing, but I trust it will !

Notice how 4 of the 5 above are about the offense, and specifically Garrett's preparation?

Discuss! :D

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Great......Pac-man is taking it more seriously NOW.......

Just another indication as to how stupid this guy really is.:rolleyes:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455578 said:
I think there will be 5 keys to beating Pitt on Sunday :

(1) Our center (Gurode) simply must handle pitt's NT one-on-one. If he does, it will free up the backs to provide blitz support from the edges where Pitt is strongest. Barber will be needed for this support.

(2) I hope Garrett decided to use the run to set up the pass. This will favor our OL to wear down Pitt's DL as the game progresses. If Gurode holds his own, this will open up the running lanes to the outside. Guards will be able to pull more freely, thus allowing Dalals to attach nort-south and side-to-side.

(3) It will also help if Deion Anderson is part of the running gameplan. Everyone will be keying on Barber, but if Gurode holds his own, Anderson can be effective on those FB draw plays. Combined with a run-firstr gameplan, this will keep Pitt's defense off balance, force the backers/safeties to cheat in, and then it's "bombs away" with play action.

(4) Finally, Dallas needs to limit its mistakes on offense. Period! Pitt is great at getting turnovers and making pass-happy teams pay with INTs. Dallas simply must take that tempo under control. Using a run-first scheme (see above) will go a long way towards controlling the game and dictating to Pitt's secondary. If that happens they will be no match for Dallas' firepower on offense.

(5) Defense has to keep doing its thing, but I trust it will !

Notice how 4 of the 5 above are about the offense, and specifically Garrett's preparation?

Discuss! :D

I am more concerned about the defense than I am the offense.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2455515 said:
Newly signed linebacker Steve Octavien said he will play all the special teams units in Pittsburgh this week. Octavien will play the Moe linebacker spot. Octavien said he's never played in a 3-4 scheme.
Guess special teams is his calling the rest of the year.
Geez this guy is a blooming idiot. No offense to blooming idiots. :D
The perfect chance for MBIII go to "Next question" on the media.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2455668 said:
Geez this guy is a blooming idiot. No offense to blooming idiots. :D

None taken.............. :cool:

seniorette

Reaction score
lcharles;2455592 said:
Great......Pac-man is taking it more seriously NOW.......

Just another indication as to how stupid this guy really is.:rolleyes:

Or how much the press wants to rile you (and all other armchair quarterbacks) up.
Hard to figure out who the "stupid" ones are in this world.
Pacman
You
The Press.
Take your choice.:rolleyes:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2455558 said:
Sounds like Dave only got pantsed twice today.

Heh............ That was pretty smooth, CL.