DMN Blog: Lockerroom Report/Marion Barber: 'Tell `em, 'God bless''

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
THUMPER;2455634 said:
I am more concerned about the defense than I am the offense.

Why? The Defense has been playing very well since Phillips took it over from Brian Stewart, and since Romo came back and extended more drives to keep the edefene fresh.

I'm much more concerned about the OL, especially knowing they will be playing on a sloppy field in a loud, antagonistic enviroment. I'm also concerned that we still score more field goals than TDs when we get into the red zone.

THUMPER, what is it about the defense that makes you nervous, besides Ware being healthy for hte game?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2455558 said:
Sounds like Dave only got pantsed twice today.

:laugh2:

Also, can I take a minute to say that I'd be very proud of everyone on this board if we'd just stop talking about Pacman Jones at all anymore. He's a role-player on this team and gets way more attention than he deserves. This board and others like it are a barometer for the media as to what's interesting to our fanbase. "Turds float" is not a story I'm interested in reading about these next 3 weeks. If we can keep mention of Pacman to a collective minimum, maybe the story of this guy coming back will go away, and we won't have to hear about him unless he's doing something significant in uniform. Can I get an Amen?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455578 said:
I think there will be 5 keys to beating Pitt on Sunday :

(1) Our center (Gurode) simply must handle pitt's NT one-on-one. If he does, it will free up the backs to provide blitz support from the edges where Pitt is strongest. Barber will be needed for this support.

(2) I hope Garrett decided to use the run to set up the pass. This will favor our OL to wear down Pitt's DL as the game progresses. If Gurode holds his own, this will open up the running lanes to the outside. Guards will be able to pull more freely, thus allowing Dalals to attach nort-south and side-to-side.

(3) It will also help if Deion Anderson is part of the running gameplan. Everyone will be keying on Barber, but if Gurode holds his own, Anderson can be effective on those FB draw plays. Combined with a run-firstr gameplan, this will keep Pitt's defense off balance, force the backers/safeties to cheat in, and then it's "bombs away" with play action.

(4) Finally, Dallas needs to limit its mistakes on offense. Period! Pitt is great at getting turnovers and making pass-happy teams pay with INTs. Dallas simply must take that tempo under control. Using a run-first scheme (see above) will go a long way towards controlling the game and dictating to Pitt's secondary. If that happens they will be no match for Dallas' firepower on offense.

(5) Defense has to keep doing its thing, but I trust it will !

Notice how 4 of the 5 above are about the offense, and specifically Garrett's preparation?

Discuss! :D

I would really like to see us us more of that Two FB wishbone formation that we used to simply run over the Commanders. It seemed to be very effective.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2455515 said:
One group of reporters took a run at Barber, and he offered nothing. Two more reporters chased him down again outside the training room. When told that we needed something to put on the news, Barber said: "Tell `em, 'God bless.'"
'nuff said.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455578 said:
I think there will be 5 keys to beating Pitt on Sunday :

(1) Our center (Gurode) simply must handle pitt's NT one-on-one. If he does, it will free up the backs to provide blitz support from the edges where Pitt is strongest. Barber will be needed for this support.

(2) I hope Garrett decided to use the run to set up the pass. This will favor our OL to wear down Pitt's DL as the game progresses. If Gurode holds his own, this will open up the running lanes to the outside. Guards will be able to pull more freely, thus allowing Dalals to attach nort-south and side-to-side.

(3) It will also help if Deion Anderson is part of the running gameplan. Everyone will be keying on Barber, but if Gurode holds his own, Anderson can be effective on those FB draw plays. Combined with a run-firstr gameplan, this will keep Pitt's defense off balance, force the backers/safeties to cheat in, and then it's "bombs away" with play action.

(4) Finally, Dallas needs to limit its mistakes on offense. Period! Pitt is great at getting turnovers and making pass-happy teams pay with INTs. Dallas simply must take that tempo under control. Using a run-first scheme (see above) will go a long way towards controlling the game and dictating to Pitt's secondary. If that happens they will be no match for Dallas' firepower on offense.

(5) Defense has to keep doing its thing, but I trust it will !

Notice how 4 of the 5 above are about the offense, and specifically Garrett's preparation?

Discuss! :D

I hope he proves me wrong, but i don't think he handles hampton by hisself.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2456150 said:
I hope he proves me wrong, but i don't think he handles hampton by hisself.

He cant. Hampton demands a double teamn

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Idgit;2455805 said:
:laugh2:

Also, can I take a minute to say that I'd be very proud of everyone on this board if we'd just stop talking about Pacman Jones at all anymore. He's a role-player on this team and gets way more attention than he deserves. This board and others like it are a barometer for the media as to what's interesting to our fanbase. "Turds float" is not a story I'm interested in reading about these next 3 weeks. If we can keep mention of Pacman to a collective minimum, maybe the story of this guy coming back will go away, and we won't have to hear about him unless he's doing something significant in uniform. Can I get an Amen?

Amen, Brother. And I put some stank on the Amen part. Done. Great post Idgit. Let's ride this thing, blast thru the potholes and enjoy every mile.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
PacMan gets to play against Pitt?

and I hope they don't overload Barber, he's going to need some help against the #1 rushing D, they need to feed Choice the ball too

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2456613 said:
PacMan gets to play against Pitt?

and I hope they don't overload Barber, he's going to need some help against the #1 rushing D, they need to feed Choice the ball too

Yep. So we get 1.2 yds per punt return. After running fifty yards sideline to sideline.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2456668 said:
Yep. So we get 1.2 yds per punt return. After running fifty yards sideline to sideline.

don't really care about his PR, I just want Pac the CB back

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seven;2456608 said:
Amen, Brother. And I put some stank on the Amen part. Done. Great post Idgit. Let's ride this thing, blast thru the potholes and enjoy every mile.

Ewww. Seven got stank all over my Amen, and I was keeping it clean for Sunday.

Mods, DO something!!!