DMN Blog: Martellus Bennett better be ready

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i look for a great day from bennett sunday at 3:15 central..

Zen

Reaction score
Fasano or Bennett, are 4th rounders not 2nds. We have a probowl TE in Witten. The point is we should not reach for positions that are solid. Not many teams trade for TE. If your argument is best player availble then we should of drafted Brady Quinn. You could easily get a top 10 pick for him. If we picked one of the WR in the second we could of waited for Roy to be a free agent. Eddie Royal looks good. So we have a back up TE and a 4th rd pick for 2 second rounders ......not good value.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Zen;2386315 said:
Fasano or Bennett, are 4th rounders not 2nds. We have a probowl TE in Witten. The point is we should not reach for positions that are solid. Not many teams trade for TE. If your argument is best player availble then we should of drafted Brady Quinn. You could easily get a top 10 pick for him. If we picked one of the WR in the second we could of waited for Roy to be a free agent. Eddie Royal looks good. So we have a back up TE and a 4th rd pick for 2 second rounders ......not good value.

Bennett is much more talented than a 4th rounder. He's extremely physically talented and as you can see from the few chances he's had so far... when he gets the ball in his hands, he can truly motor down the field. He looks like a big WR more than a TE, and that's a testement to how fluid and athletic he really is. His contribution to the team is just beginning and with Witten's injury is going to only serve to highlight how much he can help this team.

Just wait until Romo gets back and starts hitting Bennett in stride. He's going to have some huge gains.

Your point, I think, was that Bennett wasn't a neccessity with Witten already on board... but that doesn't diminish the kind of ability the guy has or the potential lurking there. Once he's comfortable in the system and Romo is familiar with him, Bennett is going to be a very dangerous outlet for Romo when teams overdo the attention paid to T.O., Roy W. and Witten.

Time will tell, of course, but the ability to be dynamic is clearly there for Bennett.

JiggsCasey

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2385645 said:
Fasano isn't exactly lighting it up in Miami and I'm not just basing this on stats. With the dearth of talent there, he should a stud. He's not.

But looking at the stats, Martellus and Fasano's numbers are not that different. I think as of now, it's a wash.

Player Matchup
http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...ect+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player...

ok... but Fasano wasn't really brought to Miami to "light it up"... yet he has been excellent as a run blocker, a detailed professional, and i can't say i remember a penalty yet... add to that a fairly consistent dimension in the pass game not exactly seen before out of him, and he's been a huge plus for that organization...