DMN Blog:Pacman won't be done until next week

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
4:22 PM Fri, Oct 10, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips
NFL officials just told me their review of Adam Jones' playing status won't be completed until next week.

The league is looking into the fight Adam Jones had with his bodyguard, Tommy Jones on Tuesday night.

This means, Adam Jones will play Sunday afternoon at Arizona and you have to wonder what type of game he's going to have with all the negative attention he's been getting the last few days.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2324224 said:
NFL officials just told me their review of Adam Jones' playing status won't be completed until next week.

The league is looking into the fight Adam Jones had with his bodyguard, Tommy Jones on Tuesday night.

This means, Adam Jones will play Sunday afternoon at Arizona and you have to wonder what type of game he's going to have with all the negative attention he's been getting the last few days.

I tend to agree with Jerry, if this is about some stupid little fight that was over and done with before it amounted to anything, it's totally ridiculous that we're even talking about it. If Goodell suspends him for this, he is nothing more than a Communist.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2324224 said:

So many Joneses involved in this. I understand this must be confusing for NFL officials reviewing this case.

btw: is this Tommy Lee Jones they are speaking of ?

Just joking, sorry. But i had to write something funny about it the way this "thing" evolves right now.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I think he should be suspended, TNew or not, believe it or not the Gi-aints did right suspending Plax showing a team concept is the most important thing.
He is a good corner, & we do need him, but bottom line is we cant count on him.
He cares only about himself.

Tractor1

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324239 said:
I tend to agree with Jerry, if this is about some stupid little fight that was over and done with before it amounted to anything, it's totally ridiculous that we're even talking about it. If Goodell suspends him for this, he is nothing more than a Communist.

It's about the player's ability, or inability, to remain within NFL guidelines. If he's unable to do so he should be removed from the league.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2324285 said:
I think he should be suspended, TNew or not, believe it or not the Gi-aints did right suspending Plax showing a team concept is the most important thing.
He is a good corner, & we do need him, but bottom line is we cant count on him.
He cares only about himself.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

He got in a slight altercation w/ his security guy. The guy and he didnt have a beef or a police report would have been filed. The Hotel didnt even want to press charges for the damage. NO CASE! NON ISSUE!

Plax should have been suspended because it was insubordination. What Pac did is nothing like that at all.

I just don't get how you can spin it that way.

He wasn't even AT WORK when it happened. Plax basically didn't show up for work and didn't call in to say whe he wasn't coming.

Adam was in a hotel on his own time when this happened. These are two entirely different situations.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

That's a great comment there. I don't have no clue where the intellectual link is but it's great anyway.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
If you're a Cowboy fan hoping Pacman is suspended, you're an *******.

I'm no lawyer, but I think it's safe to say Pacman does have some rights.

Although he's probably on some sort of double secret probation, he was fully reinstated into the league.

The Cowboys can cut anyone anytime for any reason or no reason at all. They just have to pay the remaining year's salary.

As far as Godell and the league office, they must have some sort of reasonable cause for suspending Pacman.

I see no cause with this latest incident.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2324399 said:
If you're a Cowboy fan hoping Pacman is suspended, you're an *******.

I'm no lawyer, but I think it's safe to say Pacman does have some rights.

Although he's probably on some sort of double secret probation, he was fully reinstated into the league.

The Cowboys can cut anyone anytime for any reason or no reason at all. They just have to pay the remaining year's salary.

As far as Godell and the league office, they must have some sort of reasonable cause for suspending Pacman.

I see no cause with this latest incident.

You make a lot of sense.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2324224 said:

Let me say this for the last time to Calvin watkins, and others. this is none of Godell's business. he is a cowboys hater looking for any reason to hurt the Cowboys. there is nothing there.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Dallas;2324317 said:
He got in a slight altercation w/ his security guy. The guy and he didnt have a beef or a police report would have been filed. The Hotel didnt even want to press charges for the damage. NO CASE! NON ISSUE!

The police were called to the hotel and a police report was filed. However, it didn't have A. Joneses name on it.

Here's my understanding of Goodell's ruling: Jones is fully reinstated to the league, but is on a very short leash and has a zero-tolerance policy. My opinion is Goodell will punish him in some way.

I don't get Jones. He knows if he screws up once, he's done. Why even let yourself get into that kind of situation. Perhaps his security detail was trying to keep him from doing something stupid. I dunno.

RafaelG

Reaction score
If all this was was a scuffle he had with his bodyguard then it is a non-issue.
What ticks me off about Goodell is that he wants to 'protect' the shield of the NFL and image and is so pious about that;etc. At the same time he does NOTHING about those friggin zebras that EVERY week blow calls and non-calls that impact the outcome of games!! To me the image of the league is very much tainted when zebras are not fined themselves for messing up constantly. The 'Commish' dictator should concentrate on the 'integrity' of the game by fixing that up.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score

Hes a commie anyways, I never have liked the guy. But he is better than Tags.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2325280 said:
The police were called to the hotel and a police report was filed. However, it didn't have A. Joneses name on it.

Here's my understanding of Goodell's ruling: Jones is fully reinstated to the league, but is on a very short leash and has a zero-tolerance policy. My opinion is Goodell will punish him in some way.

I don't get Jones. He knows if he screws up once, he's done. Why even let yourself get into that kind of situation. Perhaps his security detail was trying to keep him from doing something stupid. I dunno.

I agree. There is two possible scenarios that he could be facing. That is of course assuming the Body Guards are employed by Jerry Jones and The Dallas Cowboys.

Prohibited Conduct
It will be considered conduct detrimental for Covered Persons to engage in (or to aid, abet or conspire to engage in or to incite) violent and/or criminal activity. Examples of such Prohibited Conduct include, without limitation: any crime involving the use or threat of physical violence to a person or persons; the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a crime; possession or distribution of a weapon in violation of state or federal law; involvement in "hate crimes" or crimes of domestic violence; theft, larceny or other property crimes; sex offenses; racketeering; money laundering; obstruction of justice; resisting arrest; fraud; and violent or threatening conduct. Additionally, Covered Persons shall not by their words or conduct suggest that criminal activity is acceptable or condoned within the NFL.

Persons Engaged in Violent Activity in the Workplace
Every employee is entitled to a safe and professional workplace free of criminal behavior, violence and threats against personal safety. Criminal conduct in the workplace or against other employees is prohibited. Any Covered Person who commits or threatens violent acts against coworkers, regardless of whether an arrest is made or criminal charges are brought, shall be subject to evaluation, counseling and discipline, including termination of employment.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
kojak;2325342 said:
I agree. There is two possible scenarios that he could be facing. That is of course assuming the Body Guards are employed by Jerry Jones and The Dallas Cowboys.

Prohibited Conduct
It will be considered conduct detrimental for Covered Persons to engage in (or to aid, abet or conspire to engage in or to incite) violent and/or criminal activity. Examples of such Prohibited Conduct include, without limitation: any crime involving the use or threat of physical violence to a person or persons; the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a crime; possession or distribution of a weapon in violation of state or federal law; involvement in "hate crimes" or crimes of domestic violence; theft, larceny or other property crimes; sex offenses; racketeering; money laundering; obstruction of justice; resisting arrest; fraud; and violent or threatening conduct. Additionally, Covered Persons shall not by their words or conduct suggest that criminal activity is acceptable or condoned within the NFL.

Persons Engaged in Violent Activity in the Workplace
Every employee is entitled to a safe and professional workplace free of criminal behavior, violence and threats against personal safety. Criminal conduct in the workplace or against other employees is prohibited. Any Covered Person who commits or threatens violent acts against coworkers, regardless of whether an arrest is made or criminal charges are brought, shall be subject to evaluation, counseling and discipline, including termination of employment.

It's all going to come down to how Goodell interprets the altercation. There are specifics of the case that we aren't privvy to at this time, so it could be as simple as Pacman wanting to do something, the security detail telling him no and Pacman trying to man up. That seems to be a more plausible scenario than the two just getting into a scuffle.