DMN Blog: Pam Oliver clarifies halftime report

links18

Reaction score
Nav22;2402307 said:
If I recall correctly... it looked like Brooks was ready to go in after Eli's fumble gave us the ball in the redzone.

But they put Brad back out there because they didn't want Brooks' first action to be in the redzone. Brad subsequently made a decent throw to T.O. who promptly fumbled the ball back to the Giants.

And our next possession was close to the end of the 1st half, so we kept Brad in to run the 2 minute offense.

But to me, it looked like it was obvious that they were ready to hand Brooks the keys and were just waiting for the right moment to do so.

Brad's throw to TO was terrible, totally behind him and is a big part of why he fumbled it, as he has to turn back across his body and thus expose the ball.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ddh33;2401917 said:
So basically, Pam Oliver makes it sound like Jerry made the decision. That isn't fair to Wade or Jerry, but it's par for the course. It's commentary disguised as reporting.

kmd24;2402431 said:
Did Parcells tell the world when he was planning to put Romo in during the second half of the home game against the Giants in 2006?

Of course not. And if Oliver would have managed even to ask the question of Parcells, he would have made her feel stupid for asking.

Phillips gave the same amount of information, but in a nicer way. Considering the treatment he is getting, you have to wonder why he even talks to the media at all.
:hammer:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2402309 said:
Especially when the engine isn't even in the car.........what does one REALLY expect of Garrett with Romo out? It's not his fault we have no backup QB worth a ****.
Actually it is. IIRC, Garrett is the one who wanted BJ on the squad in the first place because they played together somewhere or some other nonsense.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2401024 said:
Troy was right.

At seasons end, Wade as to step down immediately. Could it be more obvious?

I wish Jimmy Johnson would change his mind.

Why, because he did so well in Miami? :laugh2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Sarge;2402309 said:
Especially when the engine isn't even in the car.........what does one REALLY expect of Garrett with Romo out? It's not his fault we have no backup QB worth a ****.

Yeah especially when he hand picked the replacement engines.:banghead:

Ren

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2401024 said:
Troy was right.

At seasons end, Wade as to step down immediately. Could it be more obvious?

I wish Jimmy Johnson would change his mind.

everyone has their price, if Jerry throws enough money at him they'd kiss and make up in a hart beat