DMN: Blog: Parcells not surprised by Romo's resiliency

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
What I don't get is how most teams don't keep that developmental third string guy on the regular roster anymore. So how do you groom someone without leaving them open to sign with another team? Credit is due to for Parcells for not putting Romo on the practice squad.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1646683 said:
Jerry didn't object to Tony being made starter.

He just publically stated his feelings that the team's best chances lay with Bledsoe.

It should be easy enough to look up.

Also, it is pretty damn obvious that Jerry wanted Henson as the starter. If Bill wasn't here, we would have seen Henson get a ton of playing time and Romo would never have the opportunity to do anything but mop-up in preseason games.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Parcells' was a true genius when it came to later round draft picks.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
theebs;1646633 said:
Care to endulge me in how that is? I am dying to know how Parcells kept us from being a dynasty...?

I think I have heard everything imaginable blamed on parcells now.......but there is always tomorrow, and parcells may do something today to cause us to lose....who knows...

I'm not saying he didn't improve the team's talent, but had he hit on the draft picks that he busted on, we would be much better off, especially the early round draft picks. I'm talking Johnson, Rogers, Peterman, Julius, Spears, Carpenter, Burnett, Fasano. The type of players who are drafted early in the draft and are expected to become elite players.

He did pick up some late draft choices and FAs, but you don't build a team on late draft choices, and FAs. Parcells always talked about pressure players and how he needed more on defense. He picked up 2, Ware and Newman. Where was his personel genious? How about on offense?

Parcells legend is bigger than his results.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Most of those players still have time to prove themselves. With the exception of rogers, Green and Peterman we did pretty good. 3 busts out of 12 is very good. Now Spears and Carpenter have to show more; but Fasano is looking better all the time. Burnett needs to stay healthy. Johnson gave us 2 years of starts and was starting for another team when he got injured. So cannot call him a bust either.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors;1646654 said:
In my heart of hearts Dallas would have gone deeper last year with Bledsoe. But Romo exceeded my initial expectations and long term it was a brilliant roll of the dice by Parcells.

Dallas wouldn't have made the playoffs with Bledsoe at the helm.

I never thought Romo would be as good as he has been, but I was ready for the change last year.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
BALKIS;1646608 said:
Yeah lets not forget all the potential busts he left on the roster also.

true, let's not forget Parcells had more busts on his roster than Switzer, Campo, and Gailey combined!!!! Parcells really ran this organization into the ground. :rolleyes:

JPM

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1646855 said:
true, let's not forget Parcells had more busts on his roster than Switzer, Campo, and Gailey combined!!!! Parcells really ran this organization into the ground. :rolleyes:

Ware's a bust, he didn't have a good game last week. Don't you read the board?