DMN Blog: Patrick Crayton says meetings were 1-on-1, predicts Super Bowl run

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6:52 PM Thu, Dec 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Patrick Crayton refuted reports that the receivers met as a group with Jason Garrett on 105.3 The Fan's Ben and Skin Show.

"We had no meeting of any such today, at all," Crayton said. "We all did individually. Coach Garrett called us in there to have a good conversation, a productive talk about how we saw things, about how he saw things and just to get on the same page so we can have a better year. This is really starting our playoff run right now, so that's what the discussion was about, so we could all be on the same page and put this thing together so we can win games."

Crayton stayed on the line and made radio gold for a segment. He acknowledged that the three receivers were frustrated and "got it all out in the air" with Garrett. But he had beef with the notion that the Cowboys receivers were complaining.

"Went to complain?" Crayton said. "I always thought if you don't say anything, I guess you would get the rap, 'Oh, they don't really want the ball. They could care less what's going on. They're just playing for the money. They're 8-5 I guess they're just happy to have a chance to go to the playoffs.' No."

And then Crayton, whose experience wasn't so swell the last time the Giants came to town with the season on the line, made a bold Super Bowl prediction for the second straight season.

"Everybody on this team wants to be playing in Tampa come February first," Crayton said. "We know in order to get there, these next seven games - and I will say the next seven games, because we have a seven-game streak to get to Tampa. We have three games to get into the tournament, and we have four games to win it all. We have seven games left in our season, and that's what we're trying to prepare for right now."

No. 84 sees these meetings as a step in that direction, saying he thinks the offense will be a lot more productive than it has been in recent weeks. (Didn't Tony Romo have back-to-back 300-yard, three-TD games?)

"Whenever we go out there and we play our game, when we execute the way we're capable of doing, the defense has nothing to do with what's going on. Nothing at all."

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482570 said:
Crayton shut the H up.
Now some one is lying.

This doesn't sound good-obviously by making this statement, he's covering up something. You know, that "Everything's GREAT!" act.

I used to do it all the time as a kid, but my parents would always know something's wrong.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
To me, if Crayton complains about not getting plays directed his way then FINE. He wants the ball. Nothing wrong with that. He wants to contribute and thinks he can.

Players want the ball. Nothing wrong with that so long as it is expressed correctly.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482570 said:
Crayton shut the H up.
Now some one is lying.

All this suggests is that the reports are not correct. Not a problem if it is the reporters who got it wrong (or are, as you put it "lying")

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482570 said:
Crayton shut the H up.
Now some one is lying.

Nah, couldnt be that jergoff Werder could it? He definitely doesnt have an axe to grind around Valley Ranch does he?

Nah, its Crayton

:rolleyes:

Wood

Reaction score
Why is it that Crayton and TO are so keen on making TV/radio gold instead of being golden late in games.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2482545 said:
6:52 PM Thu, Dec 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Patrick Crayton refuted reports that the receivers met as a group with Jason Garrett on 105.3 The Fan's Ben and Skin Show.

"We had no meeting of any such today, at all," Crayton said. "We all did individually. Coach Garrett called us in there to have a good conversation, a productive talk about how we saw things, about how he saw things and just to get on the same page so we can have a better year. This is really starting our playoff run right now, so that's what the discussion was about, so we could all be on the same page and put this thing together so we can win games."

So Garrett called the meaning? By this point, it seems at least one reporter should have unearthed and reported this fact, which is so integral to the story. If Garrett truly did call the meaning, it changes the entire context of the story.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wood;2482601 said:
Why is it that Crayton and TO are so keen on making TV/radio gold instead of being golden late in games.
I think their answer would be that they're not getting thrown to, which is what this is all about.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wood;2482601 said:

Yeah, niether has done anything have they?

I mean, they've only won 21 games the past two seasons.

Wood

Reaction score
Garrett probably called RW and Crayton in after meeting with TO and TO going on and on about how its not only him thats frustrated that Romo targets Witten. I mean come on.....TO is child like...this is all too easy to see how this went down. I am just curious if they cut side off TO peanut butter and jelly sandwhich during recess.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wood;2482624 said:
Garrett probably called RW and Crayton in after meeting with TO and TO going on and on about how its not only him thats frustrated that Romo targets Witten. I mean come on.....TO is child like...this is all too easy to see how this went down. I am just curious if they cut side off TO peanut butter and jelly sandwhich during recess.
If you worked for ESPN you could run this theory on a national television show as fact.