DMN Blog: Patrick Crayton says meetings were 1-on-1, predicts Super Bowl run

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I really don't see where Crayton "predicted" a Super Bowl run? He said they are "preparing" for a 7 game winning streak in order to get to Tampa...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2482599 said:
Nah, couldnt be that jergoff Werder could it? He definitely doesnt have an axe to grind around Valley Ranch does he?

Nah, its Crayton

:rolleyes:

I thought we had a productive meeting

In bold is what owens said.

Did they have a meeting or didn't they?
Again some one isn't being honest or they already forgot what they did today at work.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2482643 said:

Again some one isn't being honest or they already forgot what they did today at work.
From the DMN TO speaks thread

Owens said he was the first of the three wide receivers, Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton being the others, to speak with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett on Monday.

So it looks like they all were called individually into Garrett's office for a meeting. Not a group thing.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482643 said:

Does "we" mean four people? three people? 100 people?

Or could it be two people?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2482651 said:
Does "we" mean four people? three people? 100 people?

Or could it be two people?

Uhgg. Ok so RW and Crayton weren't there. That's great news to me. That means they aren't near as concerned as I love Me Some Me.
I feel much better now, Thnx.
They apparently think Romo is doing a fine job distributing the ball.
Only owens sees it different.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482653 said:

Now that the ESPN Ticker has a separate block for Cowboys, do you think they know something we don't? Meaning they know TSHTF pretty soon, and that's their way of warning everyone?

Honestly-I wish I'm still back in New Orleans-sports fans there only know about the Saints, LSU, and to some extent, the Tulane Green Wave. Aside from that, they're very ill-informed outside of those teams. At least I wouldn't have to put up with other fans teasing me et al daily.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2482653 said:
Uhgg. Ok so RW and Crayton weren't there. That's great news to me. That means they aren't near as concerned as I love Me Some Me.
I feel much better now, Thnx.
They apparently think Romo is doing a fine job distributing the ball.
Only owens sees it different.
You think so? I don't.

I think they all had individual gripes for different reason. Roy W. had been doing some passive-aggressive complaining for weeks now. "The gunslinger ain't looking y way" or some such nonsense.

We all have heard T.O.

Patrick is surprisingly the only one who hasn't said anything publicly and his numbers are way off.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482667 said:
Now that the ESPN Ticker has a separate block for Cowboys, do you think they know something we don't? Meaning they know TSHTF pretty soon, and that's their way of warning everyone?

Honestly-I wish I'm still back in New Orleans-sports fans there only know about the Saints, LSU, and to some extent, the Tulane Green Wave. Aside from that, they're very ill-informed outside of those teams. At least I wouldn't have to put up with other fans teasing me et al daily.

I don't know who knows what. My concern is simple. True or false this is a distraction. Crap like this makes people look over their shoulders.
Why does owens feel the need to be the catalyst of this stuff?

If he would give nothing they would have nothing.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2482674 said:
You think so? I don't.

I think they all had individual gripes for different reason. Roy W. had been doing some passive-aggressive complaining for weeks now. "The gunslinger ain't looking y way" or some such nonsense.

We all have heard T.O.

Patrick is surprisingly the only one who hasn't said anything publicly and his numbers are way off.

Sorry, didn't turn my sarcasm button on.:)

As for Crayton, after last seasons costly drops I wouldn't look his way to often either.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482678 said:
I don't know who knows what. My concern is simple. True or false this is a distraction. Crap like this makes people look over their shoulders.
Why does owens feel the need to be the catalyst of this stuff?

If he would give nothing they would have nothing.

FWIW-I'm also a Detroit Pistons fan. Guess what-they signed a former Philly-cancer player themselves(Alan Iverson) this year. And guess what...while I had high hopes for him(at least Dumars has implemented a nice system there), he's still pulling the same **** he did with his other teams.

*ugh* I don't know-but the teams I root for seem to have the same curses now.:(

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If only Crayton had the game to back up the talk. As is, everyone who hears this guy just shakes their head and says "here we go again".

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482632 said:
Jerry shouldn't even let him near Valley Ranch.

I wonder what Werder's bonus is for this "story".

I bet he gets some serious jack for this hum-dinger.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2482686 said:
Sorry, didn't turn my sarcasm button on.:)

As for Crayton, after last seasons costly drops I wouldn't look his way to often either.
Or maybe I didn't have my Sarcasm detector on. I'm not exactly following these tabloid threads all that closely.

As for Crayton, he's still a good WR and his production fell off as much as anybody's with the arrival of Roy W. and the loss of Romo.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
My goodness...if things are going wrong at work, typically people have meetings about just that....why should football players be any different?

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482688 said:
FWIW-I'm also a Detroit Pistons fan. Guess what-they signed a former Philly-cancer player themselves(Alan Iverson) this year. And guess what...while I had high hopes for him(at least Dumars has implemented a nice system there), he's still pulling the same **** he did with his other teams.

*ugh* I don't know-but the teams I root for seem to have the same curses now.:(

Dang that sucks man. I'm a spurs fan and I liked what the pistons had back in 04 and 05, and 06 up until the playoffs.

Although I still think Cowboys and Mavs fans have it worse. Losing in the first round as a 1 seed in May to the Warriors, then a few months later, losing in the first round as a first seed to the Giants. Blah.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2482755 said:
My goodness...if things are going wrong at work, typically people have meetings about just that....why should football players be any different?

Do you put it in the press?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2482604 said:
So Garrett called the meaning? By this point, it seems at least one reporter should have unearthed and reported this fact, which is so integral to the story. If Garrett truly did call the meaning, it changes the entire context of the story.

Sure it does. But they don't care. It was bogus from the get go as any reasonably unbiased person could tell.

gmoney112

Reaction score
finally! i see this as a positive step for jason garrett. i think he knows he's been underproducing and wanted his WR's feedback. good for him.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett calling the meeting, huh?

Doesn't that thwart Werder's evil plans?

WHAT...A...JOKE.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2482624 said:
Garrett probably called RW and Crayton in after meeting with TO and TO going on and on about how its not only him thats frustrated that Romo targets Witten. I mean come on.....TO is child like...this is all too easy to see how this went down. I am just curious if they cut side off TO peanut butter and jelly sandwhich during recess.

Yeah, and you probably did LSD before coming on the internet, then you probably had a lobotomy and danced naked on your roof while posting on your laptop, where you probably told your neighbors to "kiss your ***" when they probably threatened to call the cops on you. Then you were probably thrown in jail after probably violating your parole and the judge probably threw the book at you and ordered that you be part of a science experiment in which they check to see how idiotic a post has to be before people really take notice.

Probably that.