DMN Blog: Press Coverage

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Smith22;2417768 said:
I think having a healthy Romo paired with Williams and Owens will decrease the amount of press coverage we face. Maybe not this week, but give them a few weeks to get some consistentcy and teams will start playing off the WRs.

3 and 4 WR sets will decrease the press coverage we face

Crayton is pretty good against bad corners

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2417802 said:
I've seen the 'boys play with intensity this year and STILL make boneheaded mistakes.

You can be intense as all get out. With Ratliff doing his he-man thing after a sack. Ware does his one leg stump after a sack. Bradie throwing up his Que-dawg sign after a big tackle. Guys doing the side-bump thing after a big play. These guys play hard, but not smart.

It's all about execution. That's not on the coaches. That's on the players.

Wholeheartedly agree that execution is on the players. But it is on the coaches for putting players in leadership positions that impact execution. Also not allowing corners to press teams that dink & dunk (see West Coast offenses) is a scheme/game plan issue, and that is on the coaches. Protecting players, or coaches, who make game changing mistakes, sometimes repeatedly, is on the HC.

And not so sure I would equate celebration with intensity. Especially when players celebrate tackles 10+ yards down the field, or sacks when down by 3 TDs, or more. I would describe that as stupidity.