DMN: Blog: Ravens LT Jared Gaither has a lot of problems

ndanger

Reaction score
theebs;2503179 said:
absolutely.

the coaches think the same.

Since romo has returned we have started taking the ball during the coin toss to play offense early. Before romo was hurt and the defense was playing great we always defered and played defense.

Now the strategy is get the ball, get a lead and make them give our defensive playmakers chances to make plays.

I personally hate it, I have a always play defense rule because I want the ball out of the half. The two biggest drives of any game to me are the drive into the half and the drive out of the half.

But I do understand the philosophy change.

I could have sworn our defense has been outstanding as of late. ****** Theebs. :confused:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theebs;2503179 said:
absolutely.

the coaches think the same.

Since romo has returned we have started taking the ball during the coin toss to play offense early. Before romo was hurt and the defense was playing great we always defered and played defense.

Now the strategy is get the ball, get a lead and make them give our defensive playmakers chances to make plays.

I personally hate it, I have a always play defense rule because I want the ball out of the half. The two biggest drives of any game to me are the drive into the half and the drive out of the half.

But I do understand the philosophy change.

Was there a point before Romo got hurt where the defense was playing great? I'm not even sure we've been scoring on the first drive when we get the ball first anyway.

I prefer to have the ball at halftime as well, especially if you can manage to score on the last drive in the second quarter, even if it's just a field goal.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
theebs;2503072 said:
they dont throw the ball that much.

If they play there style of game flacco will throw the ball 18 times.

It is tough to get sacks when a qb only throws it 18 times.

If he throws it only about 18 times that mean the are running the ball on us, so hopefully I would like to see him try and throw it at 30+ times.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
TheCount;2503594 said:
Was there a point before Romo got hurt where the defense was playing great? I'm not even sure we've been scoring on the first drive when we get the ball first anyway.

I prefer to have the ball at halftime as well, especially if you can manage to score on the last drive in the second quarter, even if it's just a field goal.

No you just read that wrong. I said before the defense was playing great.