DMN Blog: Rowdy draws No Fun League's wrath

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1:20 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Fans of the Rowdy, the Cowboys' lovably obnoxious mascot, better be in their Texas Stadium seats for pregame festivities and the third quarter Sunday. Those will be the only times Rowdy is allowed to show his big, foam head.

That darn rabble-rouser got himself on double-secret probation with the NFL. His trouble started when T.O. and Rowdy exchanged a chest bump after a touchdown in the Monday night game against the Eagles.

Some uptight NFL dudes got their britches in a bunch about prearranged celebrations involving mascots and threatened to slap the Cowboys with a five-figure fine. Jerry Jones, who had some trust issues with Rowdy during training camp, eventually decided that it'd be in the Cowboys' best interests to minimize the mascot's exposure during games.

Rowdy is banished to the locker room except for pregame and a brief third-quarter appearance to fire T-shirts into the crowd. (Pause for a moment to allow you folks to dab your eyes with a tissue.)

I know this is a massive blow to lifelong Cowboys fans, so I'll end on a positive note. Rowdy's role was first reduced for the Tampa Bay game, and the Cowboys somehow managed to beat the Bucs without his help.

Comments (14) Leave comment | E-mail entry

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I was dissapointed when no mention of a public hanging was made in the article.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2428310 said:
That darn rabble-rouser got himself on double-secret probation with the NFL. His trouble started when T.O. and Rowdy exchanged a chest bump after a touchdown in the Monday night game against the Eagles.
I knew it when it happened that the NFL would whine about it. I was shocked when nothing was said the week after and figured the NFL had finally realized as long as it is quick and not negative, that things like that should be allowed.

Apparently, my earlier cynicism was sadly more accurate ..

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a thought for you ..

I wonder what the NFL would have said/done to the Cowboys about Crazy Ray?

slotshot

Reaction score
I'll be darned...Rowdy actually has a single redeeming value. He upsets the tight-sphinctered pansies at the NFL Front Office.

I'm with xWraithx though, we ain't had us a good hangin' in quite a spell. Rowdy would be PERFECT...that huge melon would look terrific perched atop a noose.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I think Jerruh got tired of old Rowdy and arranged this "hit" on him by the league. Rather than fire someone that might ruffle the kids feathers y'know. He learned his lesson from when he fired Tom Landry.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
rowdy2.jpg

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Interesting - But it will always be in the NFL interests to have the team mascost at the pro bowl and various other NFL events......:(

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A know a lot of people can't stand Rowdy, but this is ridiculous. What's next, ban the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders for dancing after a touchdown? The league has no business regulating an individual team's entertainment choices. And a 5-figure fine was possible? Puhleeez.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
On a score, I would like to see several of our players leap into the stands just so we can get that 'unplanned' celebration banned.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I really don't care for the league front office, but anything that gives us less Rowdy is a good thing.

J-DOG

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2428414 said:
I really don't care for the league front office, but anything that gives us less Rowdy is a good thing.
Amen to that.
Rowdy is an embarassment to 95% of Cowboy fans.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2428414 said:

Agree.

I wish Rowdy would start going out at night with Keith Davis.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Wow, something finally happened to make me like Rowdy. Now I'm a fan.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they'd just boil Rowdy in oil one time for this sort of thing, I'd bet we'd see his behavior improve dramatically.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I'm gonna miss seeing Rowdy waving his arms in a "no good" sign behind the field goal posts when the ball is above the uprights and dead down the center. Ah memories.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;2428476 said:
I'm gonna miss seeing Rowdy waving his arms in a "no good" sign behind the field goal posts when the ball is above the uprights and dead down the center. Ah memories.

:laugh2:

robjgrif

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2428310 said:
1:20 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Fans of the Rowdy, the Cowboys' lovably obnoxious mascot, better be in their Texas Stadium seats for pregame festivities and the third quarter Sunday. Those will be the only times Rowdy is allowed to show his big, foam head.

Some uptight NFL dudes got their britches in a bunch about prearranged celebrations involving mascots and threatened to slap the Cowboys with a five-figure fine. Jerry Jones, who had some trust issues with Rowdy during training camp, eventually decided that it'd be in the Cowboys' best interests to minimize the mascot's exposure during games.

Rowdy is banished to the locker room except for pregame and a brief third-quarter appearance to fire T-shirts into the crowd. (Pause for a moment to allow you folks to dab your eyes with a tissue.)

I know this is a massive blow to lifelong Cowboys fans, so I'll end on a positive note. Rowdy's role was first reduced for the Tampa Bay game, and the Cowboys somehow managed to beat the Bucs without his help.

Comments (14) Leave comment | E-mail entry

http://i126.***BLOCKED***/albums/p115/robjgrif/3.jpg

:banghead: Go Cowboys!:banghead: