DMN: Blog: Roy Williams fined, Bruce's guarantee no big deal, Ellis, Quinn, Romo

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1675157 said:
And neither was Roy's, as the rule is written.

When you have a rule named after you, you aren't getting the benefit of the dobut

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
hardhittin31;1675155 said:
Wilfork looked like he was pushed/tackled from behind, causing him to fall INTO Losman. I wouldn't flag that either from this video perspective.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

I knew he was being pushed from behind. And I certainly see your point and respect your opinion. But look at what he does and doesn't do. He does not stretch his arms forward in an attempt to make a tackle. He does go directly at the knee with his elbow. It appears, to me at least, that he may be trying to hit the knees with his shoulder but just can't quite get there.

He did it on purpose, and by rule you cannot hit a quarterback in the knees. I would have thrown the flag.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Dallyjake;1675027 said:
NICE!!!

Roy gets fined for the horsecollar on Sunday night...What about the two guys that horsecollared our players on Sunday night?

Agree.
It's not enough that refs were the worst I have seen in years, the NFL is giving our players fines as icing on the cake.:bang2:

I know the horsecollar is a rule and you can not do it, but that rule makes playing defense ridiculously hard now.
I mean there is no way to intimidate on defense anymore. Guys are getting flagged for hitting TE's over the middle and it just seems like the rules are unfair and prejudiced towards the offense.
These rules are stupid in my opinion. You can't hit a guy helmet to helmet, you can't leave your feet and hit a defenseless wr...How are you suppose to defend against a wr who you have in your sights while he is reaching for the ball? I guess you just wait for him to come down and cushion his fall.
The NFL is giving fines to players who are trying to make plays and have a split second to decide on how to make that play. These guys are not robots and the way they are fining players now makes it seem like whoever is ruling on these fines never played the game or was a panty-waisted wr from San Franciso.
Off my soapbox.

Jenky

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1675338 said:
I knew he was being pushed from behind. And I certainly see your point and respect your opinion. But look at what he does and doesn't do. He does not stretch his arms forward in an attempt to make a tackle. He does go directly at the knee with his elbow. It appears, to me at least, that he may be trying to hit the knees with his shoulder but just can't quite get there.

He did it on purpose, and by rule you cannot hit a quarterback in the knees. I would have thrown the flag.

I watched it again and now think the call could go either way. I see what you are saying with his arms and elbow. At first glance, I thought he [Wilfork] was trying to break his fall by landing on his forearm. On another note, I didn't get to watch this game in real time, so I really don't know when Losman threw the ball and when contact was made after he threw the ball. The video is in slow motion so it doesn't really help me there. Also, If I was able to view the impact of the push/tackle from behind on Wilfork in a different perspective, I could determine whether or not it actually played a role in Losman's injury. If not, Wilfork could of gotten a way with a cheapshot because of the "push" from behind.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
abersonc;1675190 said:
When you have a rule named after you, you aren't getting the benefit of the dobut

I have never gotten the benefit of a dobut either:D

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Dallyjake;1675027 said:
NICE!!!

Roy gets fined for the horsecollar on Sunday night...What about the two guys that horsecollared our players on Sunday night?

Dallas invinted the horsecollar. the refs don't call it when its done to the them. i seen the same non-calls last year.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The horsecollar rule is a dumb one anyway. The tackle has been done from pee-wee to pro since football began.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1676004 said:
The horsecollar rule is a dumb one anyway. The tackle has been done from pee-wee to pro since football began.

I agree it's a dumb rule. I understand they are trying to protect the players but what does it matter whether you pull the guy down with the shoulder pads vs pulling him down the same way by his jersey or dreadlocks? You'd think the dreadlocks would be even more dangerous because you could be looking at a neck injury in addition to leg injury, but it's legal.