DMN Blog: Strahan: Giants are favorites in the NFC... JJT: He's lost his mind

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Strahan: Giants are NFC favorites

1:27 PM Fri, Aug 01, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/NS_13RomoScramble-thumb-250x166.jpg

Recently retired Giants DE Michael Strahan exchanged man hugs and handshakes with a whole bunch of Cowboys players and coaches this morning.

But not everybody was happy to see Strahan. Matter of fact, TE Jason Witten said the sight of the ex-sackmaster made him sick. Witten meant no disrespect, but Strahan's presence in Oxnard reminded him that the Cowboys let a shot at a Super Bowl slip away last season.

Strahan rode off into the sunshine after winning a ring in his 15th season. He's smoothly transitioned into a happily retired, unbiased Fox analyst. His message to the Cowboys: "It's your turn. If you want it, go get it."

However, Strahan doesn't see the Cowboys as the NFC favorites. He's sticking with the defending champs.

"When one team is the champ, you have to go with the champ until they're knocked off," Strahan said. "That's why you have to lean that way. Apparently, there's a reason that the Giants were the champions last year.
"I'm not just saying that because I played for the Giants. It's just my belief that until the champs are knocked out, you can not have somebody else on top."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (5) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Michael Strahan has lost his mind

1:40 PM Fri, Aug 01, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

The Giants are not the favorites in the NFC.

They have lost key players such as Michael Strahan (retired) Kawika Mitchell (Buffalo), William Joseph (Oakland), Gibril Wilson (Oakland) and a few others who provided depth and cohesion.

They weren't even a great team last year. They were a good team that rode a great defensive stretch and played the best football, which is why they won the championship.

They deserved the title. They earned it and no one will ever take it away from them. Just don't expect them to win it again this season.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The Champs are the the champs untill they are knocked off..I agree there.

but the champs dont have to be favorite to win the NFC. The better team is the Cowboys.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Anybody hear Strahan on Irvin's show? Just caught a little on my way to lunch. He was saying that he was a huge loss, because "I woke up in the morning and pissed excellence." :rolleyes:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I think the message was lost on JJT.

They are the Champs until they are not in the race for a repeat this year. Simple as that.

If every player retired on the Super Bowl field, and all they had were Pop Warner players, that would still be the Giants, and thus the defending Super Bowl Champs.

You may make a case for talent lost. You may make a case the team can't stay up past 9PM on school nights.

But until the time they are mathematically eliminated from the hunt, they are still the defending champs and the team to beat to get to the prize.

I despise The Gap, but he was right.

And that day will come this year.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I guess this means Strahan thinks we're the favorites to win the division again.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2170643 said:
Anybody hear Strahan on Irvin's show? Just caught a little on my way to lunch. He was saying that he was a huge loss, because "I woke up in the morning and pissed excellence." :rolleyes:

I caught some of it, he was actually pretty funny (he goofing with that comment).

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is what I hope the Cowboys take to heart from Strahan's visit:

"It's your turn. If you want it, go get it."

Eddie

Reaction score
TE Jason Witten said the sight of the ex-azzmaster made him sick.

Seeing Strahan or any NY Giant makes me sick as well.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
They will go in the books as about the same championship team as the Ravens. Opportunistic, and caught a lot of breaks. They'll be fighting for a playoff birth this year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
absolutely mind blowing that this guy is allowed at our camp.

The guys on our team should have been irate this guy is out there wandering around doing radio shows.

HImself and his teammates have done nothing but take pot shots at our team, owner and fans.

Yet he is there getting hugs.

I must have a screw loose. If I were a leader on this team I swear I would have demanded he take his big mouth right out the way he came.

or maybe I am over-reacting.

lkelly

Reaction score
I wish I could understand they whole "they are the champs until they are knocked off" concept when it comes to football. Every team starts the season 0-0. Every team has roster changes and often coaching changes. Every team has players that get better or worse. The Giants don't get a bye in the playoffs based on last season's Super Bowl. They don't get home field advantage. The only impact of their Super Bowl championship on competitive balance is a negative one - they picked last in the draft. Sure - they are the champs right now. But guess what, they will always be recognized as the champions of that Super Bowl even if they never have nother winning record.

If the Giants had their entire starting lineup retire or leave on a two year Mormon mission everyone handicapping this coming season would pick them to finish last. Except, of course, for those confused souls who somehow believe that last year's accomplishments impact this year's record.

I am of course neglecting to mention the fact that the Giants occasionally get 9 home games when the Saints are on the schedule. I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with the results of the Super Bowl.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I dunno, theebs, I can't stand the guy either, but he's there as part of his Fox TV gig, I think... Don't you almost have to let them do their job? Otherwise I guess we could ban Bradshaw, too... ;)

But I still wish Bigg would go blindside him and ask him where his ****** flag is now. :mad:

lkelly

Reaction score
If I were the coach, I'd get a large contingent of fans from the Super Bowl championshipt team (especially if it was another NFC East team) and let them come in and taunt the Cowboys for part of training camp. If that doesn't motivate the players then they should be cut on the spot. I have no problem with Strahan running his mouth off in camp. Get him liquored up and turn it into a motivational speaker experience. Strahan could probably use the extra fee as part of his alimony fund.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2170655 said:
I guess this means Strahan thinks we're the favorites to win the division again.

Exactly.

It's like saying the Broncos were favored to win a third Super Bowl after back-to-back titles, even though John Elway retired. Not the same team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2170781 said:
I dunno, theebs, I can't stand the guy either, but he's there as part of his Fox TV gig, I think... Don't you almost have to let them do their job? Otherwise I guess we could ban Bradshaw, too... ;)

But I still wish Bigg would go blindside him and ask him where his ****** flag is now. :mad:

Yeah I know, if he is there covering them for fox and doing a story or taping an interview it makes sense.

If he was just there roaming around because he can cause he works for fox then that seems like gloating.

Even still, I know he lives in Manhattan beach but it just seems wrong to me.

like I said I am over-reacting admittedly. If I were on that team though it would make my skin crawl seeing him, only because its him and all the crap he has spewed.

aikemirv

Reaction score
theebs;2170777 said:

The guys on our team should have been irate this guy is out there wandering around doing radio shows.

HImself and his teammates have done nothing but take pot shots at our team, owner and fans.

I must have a screw loose. If I were a leader on this team I swear I would have demanded he take his big mouth right out the way he came.

or maybe I am over-reacting.

I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe in a couple of years but not right now.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
StrahanShop.jpg

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2170771 said:
They will go in the books as about the same championship team as the Ravens. Opportunistic, and caught a lot of breaks. They'll be fighting for a playoff birth this year.

Steelers. That's more like it. Ravens won that title and may have had a chance to repeat if that idiot coach didn't try to fix something that wasn't broken.

And the Cowboys and Giants dont take the trash talk serious man. It's just a game. Plus Strahan never did anything dirty to any Cowboy players. Leonard Davis is the one who hit him late in the playoff game. Now somebody like Plaxico coming to camp is another issue

Angus

Reaction score
theebs;2170777 said:

or maybe I am over-reacting.[/quote]

Yes, maybe you are.

:)