DMN Blog: T.O. takes aim at ESPN's ex-Cowboys (Key and Emmitt)

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i gotta admit i laughed hard. i love emmitt but he butchers the english language so bad it makes me cringe everytime he talks. and key is such a moron that really is jealous of T.O! i have yet to watch countdown this year mainly cause of Johnson although the other idiots aren't much better...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2479280 said:
Typical fan isn't on TV nor is he/she paid for their opinions. Emmitt is.

And more than likely, TO and maybe others are tired of ex-Cowboys throwing their 2 cents in about the team mentality when they're not the ones out there grinding it out right now.

Emmitt isn't paid for opinion because of his insight, it's because of what he accomplished and is a big name draw.

Surely you've seen him to know NO ONE would pay for his opinions.

silver

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2479280 said:

And more than likely, TO and maybe others are tired of ex-Cowboys throwing their 2 cents in about the team mentality when they're not the ones out there grinding it out right now.

well Emmitt shouldn't be on TV then. It's obvious he sucks at it. And TO and the rest of them need to thicken their skin a bit. It's not as if they won a title or a playoff game to save their lives

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silver;2479296 said:
well Emmitt shouldn't be on TV then. It's obvious he sucks at it. And TO and the rest of them need to thicken their skin a bit. It's not as if they won a title or a playoff game to save their lives
Well that's a whole different argument. One I think we all know the right answer. His analysis should be limited to ESPN.com and/or ESPNEWS.

As for the team skin, maybe they should thicken it up some. Personally, I've never had a problem with them responding to criticism. One, because teams are contractually bound to make players available to the media. And two, "no comment" to me is worse than responding. At least when they respond, you know where they stand.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2479277 said:
This is the **** I'm talking about. I really doubt Dallas is going to become the team we all want and expect them to be as long as we have characters like TO and PacMan. Even if the are not getting in trouble they are doing some thing or saying some thing that brings unwanted attention to the team.

I really feel as if we need to cut ties with these two for better or worse on the field right now in order to move in the direction this team needs to go.

It won't matter whether you cut them or not. They're only the symptom.

Jerry Jones is the problem. I'm not saying get rid of him. But as long as you have an owner who loves the camera and loves the attention the Cowboys receive in the media, you're going to get players who seek the limelight.

It's encouraged by ownership. No wonder the players respond in kind.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2479280 said:

Bingo. You don't jump your friends in public esp when they're fighting for their playoff lives.

No reason for them to keep taking it and taking it. MeShawn is not their friend. Emmitt is. Both hurts some.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2479327 said:
Bingo. You don't jump your friends in public esp when they're fighting for their playoff lives.

No reason for them to keep taking it and taking it. MeShawn is not their friend. Emmitt is. Both hurts some.
Emmitt see's that this team just doesn't have it and it's embarrassing with all the "talent" they have. Emmitt has done more for this team than Owens could ever dream of.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
jobberone;2479327 said:

But Emmitt is being paid by ESPN. This aint got nothing to do with friendship. It has to do with bizness.

T.O. knows how this business works. So does A.B.

Grow a thick skin or go work at McDonald's.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ajk23az;2479170 said:
Emmitt is just trying to get the team riled up and play with more fire.

Keyshawn OTOH is a little girl, TO is right, he still is jealous of being cut to make room for TO.

I think Emmitt is just doing his job and calling it the way he sees it. I also think TO opens himself up for this shots he takes by analyst. If you are ranting on the sideline expect the criticism. No doubt TO has great talent but you act like he does and reporters are going to make comments it is just the way it is if he does not want the negative comments then change your act.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This whole situation is so funny cause it's such a non-issue. This is simply going to happen when you have high profile personalities taking shots at one or the other. You have to figure the other side is going to fire back at some point.

At least it all makes me laugh.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
DTK;2479336 said:
Add Don Banks to the anti-Cowboys media bias. Since Dr. Z has bad health, he's the one doing the rankings for SI.com now. He has us ranked 16th despite the fact that we went toe-to-toe with the Steelers. LOL, some of the teams he has ahead of us are jokes. Oh well, let him "embrace the hate" as Hostile says.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/12/10/week-15/index.html
Could care less about Don Banks he is an idiot. The only power ranking I care about are being in the top 12 at the end of the game @ Phil in a couple of weeks.

DTK

Reaction score
bootsy;2479381 said:
Could care less about Don Banks he is an idiot. The only power ranking I care about are being in the top 12 at the end of the game @ Phil in a couple of weeks.
Oh I agree. Power Rankings are just a way for them to fill space, they mean nothing. But I just found it interesting. I find some of these haters comic.

Thomas82

Reaction score
bootsy;2479199 said:
T.O. and the any other current Cowboy don't have the right to criticize someone like Emmitt. Emmitt was part of a team that brought back the foundation for what the Cowboys are today. Emmitt is trying to get through to these guys through the broadcast booth. As for Keyshawn, now that's a different story with me because Key is just bitter, jealous, and anything else you can think of when it comes to T.O. He and others on the ESPN pregame show can't let a week go by without saying something about T.O. and the Cowboys and enjoys doing it anytime he can.

T.O. and the rest of the team need to stop worrying about ESPN. They aren't going to stop talking about you or the Cowboys. Please worry about these next 3 games because if the Cowboys aren't in the playoffs they will be saying plenty more things that you don't want to hear. Shut them up by producing on the field.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ajk23az;2479170 said:
Emmitt is just trying to get the team riled up and play with more fire.

No, he is working for ESPN. Either you bash the Cowboys or you get canned.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DTK;2479393 said:
Oh I agree. Power Rankings are just a way for them to fill space, they mean nothing. But I just found it interesting. I find some of these haters comic.

The true power ranking are how quickly you exit the playoffs / playoff race. The Cowboys right now are on the verge of being a wannabe. Wannabe in the playoffs.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I don't watch ESPN religiously, but I haven't heard Emmitt or Keyshaun say anything that a million other "analysts" on TV or radio haven't said about this team.

Most analysts have questioned their heart, focus, football IQ, etc. - it's not a former Cowboys thing.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They need their own show "dumb and dumber"

If the shoe fits... wear it? :laugh1:

Key is dumb.
Emmitt comes off as dumb... I dont believe he is... but he comes off as dumb.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There are very few talking heads I would put less stock in what they say than Meshawn. TO is validating Meshawn's importance by taking offense to what he has to say.

Reaction score
Emmitt is just mad that Dallas isn't performing to expectations. The entire Cowboy nation is mad but hey what can you do?