DMN Blog: T.O. to Jason Witten: Don't talk to me

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
T.O. to Jason Witten: Don't talk to me
11:26 PM Sat, Dec 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Friday's friction between non-jealous T.O. and Jason Witten didn't get physical. T.O. just told Witten not to talk to him after the tight end tried to discuss a pass route during the practice, Todd Archer reports.

Two captains who can't even talk to each other? That's real healthy for a team fighting for its playoff life. And that was after Wade "We Are Family" Phillips set everything straight about the "non-issue" during a team meeting.

"Obviously I have a lot of respect for Terrell and I think it's the same way," Witten said after practice in an attempt not to add fuel to the fire. "He's a helluva player."

The focus at Valley Ranch this week should have been on Cowboys vs. Giants. But that's the undercard to T.O. vs. Witten/Romo.

And that's not exactly surprising.

"It's already happened here," Eagles RT Jon Runyan told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley, referring to T.O. tearing apart a team. "We know exactly what they're going through. The problem is that it divides the team. People are drawing lines and taking sides."

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Well I guess, Ed Werder decided converted DMN and Star Telegram, to follow his que and destroy TO :D

I guess we can keep wishing this away, and blame the media for the mess and believe there is no issue. Thank you Jerry Jones. But I am sure, Wade will get fired for this though.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
audio or player confirmation or it didn't happen.

I especially dont give a damn what an eagle player has to say about this situation.

Batman

Reaction score
You know what, I really don't give a crap about these reports. All it is, is the media trying to throw fuel on the fire and make matter worse so they can get their big headlines. While I am sure there are some issues in the locker, the media is just making it a lot worse and just seems to be trying to bait the playes into making it worse than what it really is. Maybe it is time for Wade Phillips, or I guess his royal heiness Jerry Jones to put a gag order on the players in regards to this kind of stuff.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2488315 said:
audio or player confirmation or it didn't happen.

Yes indeed. Its all the evil media deciding to take down TO and the team. I guess since the Glove doesn't fit.....

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2488322 said:
Yes indeed. Its all the evil media deciding to take down TO and the team. I guess since the Glove doesn't fit.....

We'll find out come Sun night. I'm not feeling good for the remainder of our season, but like I said...I'll just play it by ear until then.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2488322 said:

Argument details surface 1 day later at around 1230 AM EST. Ok...believe it.

I am sure Tim has been working real hard trying to break the story. It just doesn't smell right.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2488333 said:
Argument details surface 1 day later at around 1230 AM EST. Ok...believe it.

I am sure Tim has been working real hard trying to break the story. It just doesn't smell right.
It never has from the word go.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile;2488326 said:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139856

Listen to Spears. If you still think it is this serious...oh well. Enjoy.

Nothing to what I believe. It doesn't matter if I believe or not. Its one thing to have one or two people reporting it. Maybe your source is telling you nothing happened, and maybe thats true.

I just refuse to believe everyone is trying to make this stuff up. I just don't believe Todd Archer to be makiing story up type. Mac Engel or Ed Werder, I will believe they might have made it up. But not Todd Archer.

I have to yet to see him write something that reeked of agenda or report on something without some kind of proof or verification. AGain, it doesn't matter what I believe. We shall see how this season will turn out. We will have an answer eventually.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Heres the Todd Archer story if your interested (With commentary)

Two days before the Cowboys' biggest game of the season, wide receiver Terrell Owens instructed tight end Jason Witten not to speak to him, according to multiple sources. (Multiple sources? Does anyone actually believe multiple sources confirmed this, and Todd checked with multiple sources to confirm it before it got posted on the Blog)

The incident, in which Witten was rebuffed by Owens while attempting to speak with him about a pass route, happened during Friday's practice. It came after coach Wade Phillips said a team meeting, "set everything straight, as far as I'm concerned, and I think the players, too."

Sources said the incident did not become physical and that practice continued. (So it could have been sarcasm/playfullness...if it ever happened...)

In the locker room after Friday's practice, Owens and Witten said the team meeting was productive.

On Monday, Owens and fellow wide receivers Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams met with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett about Romo targeting Witten more than them. ESPN reported Owens was jealous of Witten's relationship with the quarterback and that he believed Romo and Witten create plays on their own. Owens denied being jealous.

Sources close to Witten and Romo said the duo does not have private meetings and was surprised at the ESPN report. (Actually Witten said so himself on a Radio interview..I guess you can call that a source. I call that a direct quote.)

Romo said Friday he would not speak until after today's game against the New York Giants.

It's a game the Cowboys almost have to win to maintain their playoff hopes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2488342 said:
Nothing to what I believe. It doesn't matter if I believe or not. Its one thing to have one or two people reporting it. Maybe your source is telling you nothing happened, and maybe thats true.

I just refuse to believe everyone is trying to make this stuff up. I just don't believe Todd Archer to be makiing story up type. Mac Engel or Ed Werder, I will believe they might have made it up. But not Todd Archer.

I have to yet to see him write something that reeked of agenda or report on something without some kind of proof or verification. AGain, it doesn't matter what I believe. We shall see how this season will turn out. We will have an answer eventually.
I don't have a source on any of this. I've not maintained that I do at any point.

The Panch

Reaction score
Owens is a punk, but I dont blame him for calling out Witten if he was indeed being a snitch. That's a punk move.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Whether or not this is true, this Owens jealous of Witten story has REALLY come out of left field in such a short time span!

No-I'm not saying they made it up, but I wonder why noone said a peep about it the last month, year, or even 2+ years?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
The Panch;2488349 said:
Owens is a punk, but I dont blame him for calling out Witten if he was indeed being a snitch. That's a punk move.

I think players whining to the media about not getting the ball is no better

The Panch

Reaction score
Boysboy;2488355 said:
Whether or not this is true, this Owens jealous of Witten story has REALLY come out of left field in such a short time span!

No-I'm not saying they made it up, but I wonder why noone said a peep about it the last month, year, or even 2+ years?
What was Owens going to complain about? Up until the Detroit game, he was on path to have the best season of his career. Notice how even in victory against the Lions, Witten had the biggest game of his career and Owens had the worst performance of the season and looked like he wanted to kill somebody after the game. And he'd try to take credit for Witten's performance by saying defenses were focusing on him, which I agree with but feel its necessary to say when asked about putting up poor numbers.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2488361 said:
What was Owens going to complain about? Up until the Detroit game, he was on path to have the best season of his career. Notice how even in victory against the Lions, Witten had the biggest game of his career and Owens had the worst performance of the season and looked like he wanted to kill somebody after the game. And he'd try to take credit for Witten's performance by saying defenses were focusing on him, which I agree with but feel its necessary to say when asked about putting up poor numbers.

Well yeah-you know how the DFW media is...Galloway and JFE have been ranting over TO(and deservedly so) since he signed here.

Pt being that I wonder why Randy hasn't said a word about this jealousy story during TO's tenure here?

Nav22

Reaction score
Anyone think it's a coincidence that this story breaks RIGHT after the most crushing loss of the season and RIGHT before the make-or-break portion of our regular season? Yeah, me neither.