DMN Blog: T.O. to Jason Witten: Don't talk to me

rcaldw

Reaction score
Dcz84;2488564 said:
Like you? Really if witten did what he did then damn right he should be called out,sort of like the rat wr coach we had here with BP droppin dimes all the time about what was going on.There is no place for it.

I think Dave has it right. There is definitely something to this. T.O. telling someone not to talk to him sounds just about right, and I'm a T.O. fan. (Look at my signature picture.) T.O. is a beast on the field but he is a head case off the field, and that is just the truth.

If the team wins it won't matter. If the team loses it will be melt down.

lspain1

Reaction score
rcaldw;2488592 said:
There is definitely something to this.
If the team wins it won't matter. If the team loses it will be melt down.

Reluctantly, I'm beginning to believe something is going on. I hope I'm wrong but it feels like a melt down is already in process. We'll see.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I'm stunned that so many zoners think that there is nothing to all of these reports.

T.O. has a history of doing EXACTLY what he is doing here. He did it in S.F., he did it in Philly, he told the OC in Philly not to speak to him...he's a jerk.

All this after he and Romo have combined for more TDs than any other QB/WR tandem! Yo, TO, if you can't get along with Mr. Niceguy QB who helps old people change tires at midnight (after a tough game in which he was injured) then you aren't going to get along with anybody!

Maybe if you didn't drop the ****ing ball so much Tony would feel a little more confident throwing it to you!

What a sphincter.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2488437 said:
Some people will never admit T.O. is acting like little kid.

That's a fact.

Now you guys won't believe Todd Archer, lol.

How about Chris Mortensen...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

He made it up too right? lol.

Uhhh it's not like he broke the story on his own. He doesn't say much different there than any other story that happened after the first one. Just because multiple people wrote a story about it doesn't mean they did anything to be able to confirm it. THey took a story written and wrote one as well to make sure they're reporting the news.

Now I've never totally closed the door that something happened, because I realise that there is a chance something did in fact happen. I have no way of actually knowing one way or another cause I wasn't there. But, at the same time, you have no way of knowing if anything even remotely close to this happened either, just because some people have reported it, because you weren't there either.

dcfanatic;2488443 said:
How many little things have to happen before you even consider the idea that maybe something isn't right with the chemistry of this team right now?

10? 20? 30? 100?

You keep falling back on the idea that it's all sensationalism by the media even though it's not just Ed Werder any longer who is reporting things.

I will give it to you though.

You are willing to go down with the ship my friend.

Again none of us were there so for anyone to be able to say that there is no shot, at all, that something didn't happen, or that there it is 100% for sure something did happen, is silly. If you weren't there you have no idea what actually did or didn't happen.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2488471 said:
This will all come to a conclusion tomorrow night.

Some teams win in times like these. Others fall apart.

Whether or not every single report coming out is true, I don't know. But I have a hard time believing everything is hunky dory when Newman has flat out said on record that TO doesn't get enough passes in practice and that the coaches aren't accountable.

This will either bond the Cowboys or rip us apart. And we're not far away from finding out what lies behind the mysterious door.

Like I said in another thread-we will likely beat the Giants and Ravens this week, and all will be good.

Winning covers up alot, but it DOESN'T cure a darn thing. What if in the playoffs, the game is on the line? How is our divided locker room going to respond in those situations?

jgboys1

Reaction score
Batman;2488319 said:
You know what, I really don't give a crap about these reports. All it is, is the media trying to throw fuel on the fire and make matters worse so they can get their big headlines. While I am sure there are some issues in the locker, the media is just making it a lot worse and just seems to be trying to bait the playes into making it worse than what it really is. Maybe it is time for Wade Phillips, or I guess his royal heiness Jerry Jones to put a gag order on the players in regards to this kind of stuff.
:hammer:

DWHITE11

Reaction score
Tass;2488635 said:
I'm stunned that so many zoners think that there is nothing to all of these reports.

T.O. has a history of doing EXACTLY what he is doing here. He did it in S.F., he did it in Philly, he told the OC in Philly not to speak to him...he's a jerk.

All this after he and Romo have combined for more TDs than any other QB/WR tandem! Yo, TO, if you can't get along with Mr. Niceguy QB who helps old people change tires at midnight (after a tough game in which he was injured) then you aren't going to get along with anybody!

Maybe if you didn't drop the ****ing ball so much Tony would feel a little more confident throwing it to you!

What a sphincter.

:hammer: :

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I guess some of you guys think the media made up the episode in Philly where TO refused to talk to his offensive coordinator, too. :rolleyes:

It's sad -- I was so fired up for this game, and really thought after the toughness we showed in Pittsburgh that we'd win tonight. But this entire circus act has really killed my enthusiasm. I'd say there's a 50-50 chance now that we look like a complete disfunctional mess and lay a huge egg tonight on national TV.

Thanks a lot, Jerry. :mad:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2488733 said:
I'd say there's a 50-50 chance now that we look like a complete disfunctional mess and lay a huge egg tonight on national TV.

Just for the record, although I am sure some belongs to him, that won't be completely TO's fault if that happens tonight. There's plenty of blame to go around...

Here's hoping for the exact opposite... A united effort to show all of the lame hacks and haters of the world that we are to be reckoned with in December and January. It's time to set this ship on the right path.

khiladi

Reaction score
alancdc;2488542 said:
The other thing that really bothers me is how Newman called out the coaches IN PUBLIC. I can't imagine ANY other team where the player can do that and not get suspended a game or fined. The inmates run the jail, and that starts with Jerry.

Do you know what just happened with Clinto Portis and Jim Zorn? What Newman said isn't even on the same level as what Portis said on the John Thompson show...

khiladi

Reaction score
Tass;2488635 said:

TO is 4th in the league with balls thrown his way, with something like 55. He has dropped only seven. How many of those do you think were catchable, not forced into double or single-coverage, when he is only dropping seven?

Kilyin

Reaction score
khiladi;2488775 said:
Do you know what just happened with Clinto Portis and Jim Zorn? What Newman said isn't even on the same level as what Portis said on the John Thompson show...

Yeah, that story died really fast. But Portis did kind of apologize for it the next day to the media. He said he was just venting after a loss and basically blew it off.

If it had been TO though, it would still be talked about 24-7 on BSPN.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
khiladi;2488775 said:

I hope Portis goes all out owens and rips them apart.
That ain't the Cowboys we are talking about is it?

But then again Jerry would probably cut Barber and sign Portis, just for the excitement.;)

Zorn seems to have handled it fine any way.

khiladi

Reaction score
Kilyin;2488784 said:
Yeah, that story died really fast. But Portis did kind of apologize for it the next day to the media. He said he was just venting after a loss and basically blew it off.

If it had been TO though, it would still be talked about 24-7 on BSPN.

Actually, I'm in DC... And from what I've read Portis did nothing of the sort. In fact, most reports have Zorn catering to Portis.... Portis still jokes about it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2488806 said:
I hope Portis goes all out owens and rips them apart.
That ain't the Cowboys we are talking about is it?

But then again Jerry would probably cut Barber and sign Portis, just for the excitement.;)

Zorn seems to have handled it fine any way.

Actually, the Post is saying that Zorn catered to Portis, similar to how people here say Wade catered to TO...

The fact is, Newman didn't call any coach out by name. Portis called out Zorn, literally mocking him for his ineffective schemes. He stated how the coaching staff would blame him for not picking up a blitz, when he was told to go out.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
khiladi;2488822 said:
Actually, the Post is saying that Zorn catered to Portis, similar to how people here say Wade catered to TO...

The fact is, Newman didn't call any coach out by name. Portis called out Zorn, literally mocking him for his ineffective schemes. He stated how the coaching staff would blame him for not picking up a blitz, when he was told to go out.

cool, I really never heard much about it after I saw it here.
Like I said though, I hope it tears them up, just for laughing about us.

Ahhhh the NFC East, the General Hospital of the NFL.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Yknow what? No matter what distractions TO brings to this team, if Witten actually is the "rat", then good for TO.

That's crap, we're fighting the World and I can't believe someone like Witten is actually inviting the world to watch. It's us against the world, know who's damn side you're on!

I expect more from Jason. This is unacceptable, regardless how things really are in that lockerroom or not.
:mad:

noletime95

Reaction score
This sucks. I have to believe the truth lies somewhere inbetween, which means there is a divided locker room. I'm don't doubt some blame lies with everyone, but let's be honest.....TO has a track record of this crap. I firmly believe this crap wouldn't be happening if TO was off the team.

He's a great player, but a cancer. I'm not sure Dallas can right the ship. I think the only way to right the ship is to bring in a head guy next year with a firm hand. Somone mentioned Holmgram this morning. I'm not kicked in the head with Romo learning another system, but I think Mike could bring the team together. I'm not sure TO can stay on the team or not.