DMN Blog: Tank Johnson: Cowboys' D didn't get its [rear] kicked

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Despite Portis' number, the defense also managed to STOP the Commanders FOUR times inside the redzone to force FG's instead of allowing TDs. These came from the: 2, 15, 15, and 11.

The defense did what they could to keep the team in the game IMO. Could they have done better? Of course, they always can do better. But for all the yards the Commanders racked up, the defense did hold them when it mattered. I think they deserve props for that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Wade Phillips backed up Tank's theory,

That is all I needed to read to know this was crap.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2299829 said:
Despite Portis' number, the defense also managed to STOP the Commanders FOUR times inside the redzone to force FG's instead of allowing TDs. These came from the: 2, 15, 15, and 11.

The defense did what they could to keep the team in the game IMO. Could they have done better? Of course, they always can do better. But for all the yards the Commanders racked up, the defense did hold them when it mattered. I think they deserve props for that.
How about stopping them before they drive all the way down the field to get those FG's?Tank and Wade, are both in denial.this defense is terrible right now. you are not going to get any picks playing 10 yards off the recievers. if i can see it from my living room. why cant Wade and his coaches see it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2299436 said:
Time to drug test Johnson and Wade then, because the defense got their tails whipped in every area on Sunday. The only issue thats debatable is whether the defensive coaching staff or the defensive players themselves sucked the most.

Yeah these excuses are really lame.

MONT17

Reaction score
Well when that olman for the skins did the raise the roof while lookin @ the boys d should have been an indicator they do not respect the ankle biters!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2298607 said:
Tank shut the hell up and produce its been 12 games already and you look the same as when you first came here.

Yup. Now here's another guy who gives too many interviews and has too much to say and no production to back it up. He's one of the worst, if not the worst for this on the team. Wearing 2 very big diamond stud earrings in his ears and makes the absolute minimum (albeit 500K) and no guarantees. Should be focused on staying healthy and making an impact so he can help this team and himself to get a newer more lucrative contract.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300083 said:
Yup. Now here's another guy who gives too many interviews and has too much to say and no production to back it up. He's one of the worst, if not the worst for this on the team. Wearing 2 very big diamond stud earrings in his ears and makes the absolute minimum (albeit 500K) and no guarantees. Should be focused on staying healthy and making an impact so he can help this team and himself to get a newer more lucrative contract.

Amen!

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300083 said:
Yep. a lot of guys on this team are great talkers. but they cant back up crap.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2300108 said:

Hahaha. Even Pac has kept his gap quiet and he's playing pretty decent. He looked like our best corner on Sunday.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300160 said:
Hahaha. Even Pac has kept his gap quiet and he's playing pretty decent. He looked like our best corner on Sunday.

It's coming. He's just waiting for a week no one beats him to it.:D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2300160 said:

you realize that is saying absolutely nothing right?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2298635 said:
The Commanders O-line handled our DL and LB's, no matter what Tank and Wade say. Portis was getting 4 and 5 yards every carry.

No he wasn't getting 4 and 5 yards every carry. But I get the drift. At times they looked great and at others not so great. I believe Wade and Tank. The problem is Tank is one of the main culprits of going off the reservation. Canty isn't far behind. I wish they would just get up, glare at the RB and go back to the LOS ready to do it again. Instead they have to flex their muscles everytime they make a play. That would be ok if they stopped the other team often enough.

bbailey423;2298694 said:
As I stated earlier this season....Tank is playing for a contract extension..and what he fails to realize is that unless he plays his assignment...he will not be here. He is pressing to make things happen...but making things happen in the run game is JUST AS IMPORTANT. He is trying to sack the QB on every play. We look like a high school team some times

Yep. They all need to produce and play smarter. It's time to turn the dogs lose.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The fundamental flaw with this 3-4 defense is that it is like a doughnut - empty in the middle.

Ratliff tries hard but physically he is more of a pass rushing DT or a 3-4 end. He just simply is not big and strong enough to hold up against double teams. If the NT can get moved, the 3-4 is going to vulnerable to the running game. Remember Buffalo and their munchkin NT in the 90s. It worked so long as they were scoring points in bunches but when physical teams could stay committed to the run they got pounded. I expect the same fate for us all year and I am dreading playing the Giants and Steelers.

On the plus side, we don't have to see San Diego, Jacksonville or Tennessee this year.