DMN Blog: Ten Things that need to change

joseephuss

Reaction score
tomson75;2397227 said:
:huh:

I'm not seeing it.

WoodysGirl;2397079 said:
10. If we all thought the Cowboys were so good, I picked them to reach the Super Bowl, why are they in last place? If the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs, is it time to blow the thing up? Do you want to resign Chris Canty and Marc Colombo? How about cutting Roy Williams, the safety version, now? Do you let Anthony Henry go? Move Henry to safety? Bring Pacman back?

What would cutting Roy Williams right now really accomplish?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
joseephuss;2399113 said:
What would cutting Roy Williams right now really accomplish?

He only had 9 and had to pull 10 out his ***.

Change the DMN title, and this could've been posted from your average Joe on the Zone. Quality journalism is dead.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I wouldn't resign Canty unless he accept pocket change. I damn sure wouldn't give him a big contract. In my opinion he makes what he makes now or probably less. No way would I give him more. Spears is playing better than he is.

I resign Colombo if at all possible. The guy plays with fire and he is a proud player. While I've seem him have a few bad games of late, I don't think it's because he isn't putting in the effort. Colombo would be my right tackle for years to come.

Roy Williams I would cut and then attempt to resign for less. Love him or hate him he has value. It's just not in pass coverage.

I think it's about time to begin the move to safety for Henry.

30yrheel

Reaction score
blow it up. new coaching staff first, cut/don't resign some of these overpaid, underachieving players

links18

Reaction score
Wow, all the guy is saying is that the team needs to try something different--anything different--to send a message that what has taken place so far is unacceptable. Some of his suggestions seem idiotic, but that is because there is no clear blueprint for making this team perform better right now. But his point is that its better to do something, anything, rather than keep drudging along like they have. :rolleyes:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2397079 said:
Things that need to change

The Cowboys have a week off.
That needs to change!

I'd make those players run and run and run until they get heat exhaustion. I'd do that after some intense blocking and tackling drills!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That's one of the stupidest articles I've seen.

If it was intended as a sarcastic satire on Cowboys fans and some of their knee jerk reactions, I'd say it was a clever piece of writing.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2397079 said:
Things that need to change

3. Challenge the defense. Jason Garrett's play calling is terrible.

I agree. He needs to quit dialing up the interceptions and sacks. Those plays really slow our offense down. On a serious note, it would be nice if we could run a screen pass for positive yards. The middle screen with Dorsett was awesome.

links18

Reaction score
Bull Frog;2399207 said:
I agree. He needs to quit dialing up the interceptions and sacks. Those plays really slow our offense down. On a serious note, it would be nice if we could run a screen pass for positive yards. The middle screen with Dorsett was awesome.

If we don't seen some screens called for Felix when he comes back it will be the ultimate sign of Garrett's stubborn incompetence.....

30yrheel

Reaction score
might as well run a lot of screens, the line doesn't block anyway!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Now they are talking about benching Greg Ellis..

Bench Greg Ellis
1:05 PM Tue, Nov 04, 2008 |
Calvin Watkins
Now the headline might confuse you. Or it might upset you.
But Wade Phillips was raving about Anthony Spencer yesterday. Phillips said Spencer was harder to block than DeMarcus Ware during the Giants game. I think Phillips is setting Greg Ellis up for a benching. I could be wrong on this, but Phillips did say he wants to shake things up.
Maybe Ellis sits and comes in on third down. It's a plan the Cowboys wanted to implement anyway, well at least a year from now.
The Cowboys haven't done a good job with Ellis. They made him cover tight ends, something he's not good at, instead of rushing the passer on a regular basis.

It's amazing that the Cowboys have messed this thing up with Ellis. After all he had the most sacks he's ever had in his career last year and earned the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year award.
He didn't do that covering the tight end. He did that by rushing the quarterback.

We need to set more examples than that but it's a good start, benching the vet "leader.
";)