DMN Blog: Tiki Barber on F. Jones hamstring, 'boys rushing woes

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paging Dr. Tiki...Dr. Tiki Barber, please

12:24 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

NBC's Tiki Barber doesn't have a medical degree but he does have a master's in trying to avoid large, angry men whose mission in life was trying to squash him. Here's his take on Felix Jones' hamstring injury...

"A hamstring is chronic," Barber said on a NBC conference call looking ahead to Sunday night's Cowboys-Commanders game. Barber, part of the pre-game army of analysts, said Jones had a similar problem at Arkansas. Then he used the word "linger" and mentioned something about Jones having "imbalance in muscle structure."

And, by the way, Barber doesn't blame the Cowboys rushing woes on Jones' injury or Marion Barber. He thinks the issue is the offensive line which has had "problems opening lanes."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't recall hearing anything about Jones having hamstring issues at Arkansas. Can this be verified anywhere?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2414558 said:
I don't recall hearing anything about Jones having hamstring issues at Arkansas. Can this be verified anywhere?

Good question. That's the first I have heard of it as well.

But then again, consider the imbecile who is the source of this information.

And what on earth is an "imbalance in muscle structure"?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2414558 said:

I don't either.

And he certainly doesn't know anything about Felix having some kind of "imbalance in muscle structure".

Sounds like Tiki is talking out his *** again.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2414556 said:
Paging Dr. Tiki...Dr. Tiki Barber, please

12:24 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink
Barry Horn http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

NBC's Tiki Barber doesn't have a medical degree but he does have a master's in trying to avoid large, angry men whose mission in life was trying to squash him. Here's his take on Felix Jones' hamstring injury...

"A hamstring is chronic," Barber said on a NBC conference call looking ahead to Sunday night's Cowboys-Commanders game. Barber, part of the pre-game army of analysts, said Jones had a similar problem at Arkansas. Then he used the word "linger" and mentioned something about Jones having "imbalance in muscle structure."

And, by the way, Barber doesn't blame the Cowboys rushing woes on Jones' injury or Marion Barber. He thinks the issue is the offensive line which has had "problems opening lanes."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

I agree 100% with Tiki!

hendog

Reaction score
I think Tiki has an "imbalance in muscle structure." He has an enlarged jaw muscle, which causes him to spew garbage excessively.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If Felix had problems with his hamstrings at Arkansas every self respecting Cowboys fan on the planet would have known about it. Not to mention the fact he would have had to miss games while at Arkansas if he actually did ever injure any of them.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Alexander;2414560 said:

Just a guess, but could Tiki be talking about the same thing that demarcus ware was going through this offseason? I remember Ware saying that he was restructuring his muscles? There was talk on this board about him doing that in the offseason?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I do not ever remember Jones having a hammey issue at Ark.......is this guy for real?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
When he references an "imbalance of muscle structure", what he's talking about (I suppose) is that some athletes will have quad muscles that are disproportionately strong or weak in comparison to their hamstring muscles. If someone works too hard in the gym on their quads (the front of the thigh) and not enough on the hamstring (the back of the thigh)... it creates an imbalance of strength which can result in an above average amount of hamstring injuries.

That must be what Tiki is talking about although I don't see a problem with Felix based on his history. Plus, usually it is the bigger guys who have that problem... not the smaller, quicker types.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This makes me wonder if he's as off base about this as he was about Eli who he pissed all over last year only to watch from the studios while Eli led his former team, along with obviously huge help from the defense and I'll give them the majority of the credit of course but still, to a Superbowl Championship.

I think Tiki is one of those guys that is just going to often talk out of his rear and be proven to have absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago the Dallas media was reporting that Felix has never had hamstring problems before.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2414560 said:

I thought I read a quote somewhere from Felix right after this happened where he said that he had never had this problem before.

-Reality

kmd24

Reaction score
Alexander;2414560 said:

Tiki knows hamstrings.

barber_lg01.jpg

bootyhunta

Reaction score
I heard Felix say on Brad Sham's radio show a couple of weeks ago (before the Tampa game) that this was the first time that he had been out with an injury.

First time, as in first time ever, going all the way back to high school.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Alexander;2414560 said:

Top heavy is nice in the female, but Tiki believes it causes hamstring problems in the male species?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
FWST Blog: Felix Jones Update
October 23, 2008
Felix Jones update

Chatted with Cowboys running back Felix Jones a little bit yesterday about his injury. He still has not returned to practice since suffering a pulled hamstring at Arizona and missed his first game against St. Louis

Jones will not practice this week and will miss Sunday's game against Tampa Bay. Wade Phillips said Felix has a four-week injury. That has him returning after the bye week at Washington on Nov. 16. Jones said he has never had a hamstring injury so he can't determine how soon he could return.

Jones says the hamstring is feeling good, but it has not been tested yet. So there's probably not much of a chance for him returning anytime sooner than the Washington game.

- Rick Herrin
---------------Googled Felix's injuries at Arkansas and could only find that he had a thigh bruise late in the year of the 2007 season.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Alexander;2414560 said:

what Tiki means is that muscles that work opposite of one another, for example, the quadriceps and hamstrings, which flex and extend the leg...one muscle group becomes stronger than its compliment causing premature fatigue/cramps and or injury...problem is the quadriceps are so much stronger than the hamstrings and running backs in particular must make sure that they keep a good balance.

I speak from experience because i used to do leg presses for cycling. I ended up with quadriceps so strong that my hamstrings gave me fits at night after a hard ride. This is serious.