DMN Blog: Tony Romo to Jason Witten: 'If you get open, maybe you'll get that ball'

MONT17

Reaction score
This is actually a shot to owens. They r starting already when did witten say this? In august? This bs comes out the week owens get 2 catches and says he is only happy if we win. Pretty sneaky sis!

Boysboy

Reaction score
MONT17;2286008 said:
This is actually a shot to owens. They r starting already when did witten say this? In august? This bs comes out the week owens get 2 catches and says he is only happy if we win. Pretty sneaky sis!

*** are you talking about?

Nav22

Reaction score
What you can say to Witten, you might not be able to say to Owens.
But the biggest factor in this case, I think, is the fact that Romo and Witten are very close friends on and off the field. While Romo and Owens seem to like each other too, it appears Romo and Witten are practically "BFF".

You can tell your good buddy to shut up, but you might not say that to an acquaintance.

Nightstalker

Reaction score
Boysboy;2285979 said:
His "she" comment on Glenn was really more tongue-in-cheek on the humor side.

His "the player" comment was nothing more than a public swipe on Owens. I would have been p'd off too.

So wasn't Parcells calling T.O. "the player" the same as Crennel calling Brady Quinn "the other guy" :)

"We have to look at all of the positions," Crennel said. "We'll definitely try to get the other guy ready and get him ready to go and we'll see how it progresses from there."

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2285905 said:
If you take just his WORST game for catches this season (six) and his just worst game for yardage (67), he'd still be on pace for 96 catches and 1,072 yards.

Really hard to complain about those numbers.

sago1

Reaction score
Witten & TO are at different stages in their life. TO is considered by most as one of the top WRs in NFL history; he's also almost 35 & is perceived as very sensitive. It also helped their relationship when Romo hit TO for 4 TDs against the Skins last year in Dallas; believe that's the first time it ever happened to TO. Later in the day Brady throw 4 TDs to Moss to show they could duplicate what Romo & TO had just done.

Witten just turned 26, still needs to continue to show he's the top TE in the NFL & definitely is not sensitive. Also Witten & Romo have been BFs since both came to the Cowboys in 2003.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2285965 said:
Parcells has always been a great motivator-However, you do NOT call out a player like that like he did that year. It doesn't matter if TO was a good guy or a bad guy, that's a NO-NO. I don't recall any coaches behaving like that, not even Jimmy Johnson.

I agree - like I said, he botched the TO thing.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2285994 said:
I hate to use "lucky" here, but the Eagles had a strong shot to pick him up in '03's draft...but they opted for LJ Smith instead-who's continuing to stink it up there DESPITE being in a contract year.

They also had MB3 in their laps in the '05 draft, only to opt for Ryan "fumbilitis" Moats.

Oh well-I'm not complaining.:)

LJ Smith is a very athletic big WR - he is not really much of a TE, though.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Thomas82;2285936 said:
That dude is a warrior.

Witten at the Pro Bowl.. :cool:

Villi.JPG

kmd24

Reaction score
Boysboy;2285994 said:
I hate to use "lucky" here, but the Eagles had a strong shot to pick him up in '03's draft...but they opted for LJ Smith instead-who's continuing to stink it up there DESPITE being in a contract year.

They also had MB3 in their laps in the '05 draft, only to opt for Ryan "fumbilitis" Moats.

Oh well-I'm not complaining.:)

Yeah, back a few years ago, we used to argue with Eagles fans over who was better, and at least one of them argued that Smith's draft position was evidence that he was better than Witten.

I also like the fact that the draft picks used for Canty and Mike Jenkins came directly from trades with the Eagles.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2285917 said:
Witten is just a regular dude

that's what I love about him, he just doesn't care

gets hushed, no problem

broken jaw, no probem

seperated shoulder, no problem

Beheaded on field - no problem. lol

Temo;2285925 said:
Well, at least Romo understands that you can't treat everyone the same, something Parcells arguably never learned.

What you can say to Witten, you might not be able to say to Owens.

Exactly. It doesnt work like that in the real world... it certainly doesnt work like that in football. TO is a diva and Witten is a blue collar. Have to be treated differently.

Boysboy;2285965 said:
Parcells has always been a great motivator-However, you do NOT call out a player like that like he did that year. It doesn't matter if TO was a good guy or a bad guy, that's a NO-NO. I don't recall any coaches behaving like that, not even Jimmy Johnson.

Thats what baffles me. You see Parcells play with Owens on the sidelines after scoring a TD(pulling TO's hat around etc) but yet Parcells put himself before team or rather before TO. He was not gonna let TO get too much credit for anything and THAT made us too conservative and anemic. Cost us the season.

We had a good chance at sqeaking by as a Cinderella-type SB winner that year. If we beat Seattle I think we just get some breaks along the way....

visionary

Reaction score

gets hushed, no problem

broken jaw, no probem

thats not a 'regular' dude
that is a special dude

:D

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Witten and romo are like best friends He can say whatever He wants to Him. T.O on the other hand is kind of a person you have to stay on good terms with. You can't just tell him to shut up in the huddle you know.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2286927 said:
Thats what baffles me. You see Parcells play with Owens on the sidelines after scoring a TD(pulling TO's hat around etc) but yet Parcells put himself before team or rather before TO. He was not gonna let TO get too much credit for anything and THAT made us too conservative and anemic. Cost us the season.

We had a good chance at sqeaking by as a Cinderella-type SB winner that year. If we beat Seattle I think we just get some breaks along the way....

He also costed us the 2nd Eagles game-down 7-0 and 1st and goal at the 1, he called the SAME 4 running plays to MB3. Any other coach would have AT LEAST called a bootleg play with the QB, especially with Romo's scrambling abilities. It all but turned the momentum of that game around.

Even Andy Reid all but admitted in his post game PC how he all but knew our playcalling, all he had to do during his week of preparations was make sure his players were in the right positions on various plays.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

gets hushed, no problem

broken jaw, no probem

Double :signmast: what he said.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i just call him Mr.Automatic because he is money on 3rd down he converts every freakin! Seriously im surprised when its 3rd down and we either dont convert or it isnt witten making the catch!