DMN Blog: Wade on TO Tears and Newman Injury

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;2313643 said:
Hmm, are these exactly the same?...Who's dense now?

'I don't know, ask him (Newman)' or 'You'd have to ask the trainers -- I don't know.

either way is deflecting the question, the end is the same the road traveled is not

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FCBarca;2313643 said:
Hmm, are these exactly the same?...Who's dense now?

'I don't know, ask him (Newman)' or 'You'd have to ask the trainers -- I don't know.
I guess you just misread. He would say BOTH.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2313589 said:
Isn't that why we drafted Mike Jenkins and traded for Pacman?

Hey-if this were last year, then yah...the sky would have fell! But look at this year-our CB depth couldn't have come at a better time!

I have confidence in Pacman. He can't catch and has looked horrible trying to return punts, but as a coverage DB he's still pretty good.

FCBarca

Reaction score
stealth;2313648 said:
either way is deflecting the question, the end is the same the road traveled is not

Ends justify the means, yeah where you stand on logic and communication is well documented

FCBarca

Reaction score
theogt;2313650 said:
I guess you just misread. He would say BOTH.

I read it fine, you just chose to read what you wanted to...You said he'd say the same or the other...And with the other, it sounds a lot better than the former.

superpunk

Reaction score
FCBarca;2313665 said:
I read it fine, you just chose to read what you wanted to...You said he'd say the same or the other...And with the other, it sounds a lot better than the former.
I must split this hair.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;2313658 said:
Ends justify the means, yeah where you stand on logic and communication is well documented

dude, seriously, you are messing up by not being able to be objective.

I don't understand why you can't see it, and you can see the flaws in other posters...

You perceive me doing something, you point the finger with no ability to see that you are doing exactly the same thing that you accuse me of.

come on man

FCBarca

Reaction score
superpunk;2313668 said:
I must split this hair.

At least, I did it without resorting to insults but that too appears to be splitting hairs of late as insults seems to be the M.O. for several

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
stasheroo;2313562 said:
What does Wade know?

I mean he's only the head coach of the team...

:rolleyes:

And he's obligated to tell the media every bit of it.

Just like every other NFL coach.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FCBarca;2313665 said:
Guess you've never encountered the conjunctive use of "or."

Wow. Like talking to a wall.

superpunk

Reaction score
FCBarca;2313674 said:
At least, I did it without resorting to insults but that too appears to be splitting hairs of late as insults seems to be the M.O. for several
15 yard penalty - misuse of commas.

All head coaches do the exact same thing. If they don't want to tell the media something, they just claim that "They don't know", or "They haven't read that yet", or "They're not familiar with those comments" or "They haven't watched the film on that yet".

They feign ignorance rather than answering the question.

In Parcells case, he would say "Ask the trainers" - knowing full well that he did not allow the media to have any access at all to the trainers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2313675 said:
And he's obligated to tell the media every bit of it.

Just like every other NFL coach.

Like I said earlier, I hope you're right.

I hope Wade's being coy and secretive with the media.

But I don't know if I give him that much credit.

FCBarca

Reaction score
superpunk;2313685 said:

All head coaches do the exact same thing. If they don't want to tell the media something, they just claim that "They don't know", or "They haven't read that yet", or "They're not familiar with those comments" or "They haven't watched the film on that yet".

In Parcells case, he would say "Ask the trainers" - knowing full well that he did not allow the media to have any access at all to the trainers.

Precisely...My point was that I found it odd if not dismissive on Wade's part to simply say 'I don't know, ask Newman'...Everyone knows the coach isn't going to necessarily reveal what is really going on with an injury or not but they usually pass the question off to the trainers etc...Wade didn't do that which makes it odd to me

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2313696 said:

why not? you know what they say about people who assume?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2313685 said:

That's what I liked, Parcells lied with style.

I guess I'm not as big a fan of Wade's 'Aw Shucks' approach.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
the aw shucks is much easier to pull off than what Bill did, Bill was witty enough to make any reporter look foolish.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
stasheroo;2313696 said:

So for coaches like Parcells or Belichick or anyone else, it's a calculated desire to keep potentially valuable information from other teams.

For Wade, it's stupidity and/or ignorance.

What is the difference?

Nevermind, I just saw the answer: It's "lying with style".

You gotta be kidding me.

superpunk

Reaction score
FCBarca;2313698 said:
Precisely...My point was that I found it odd if not dismissive on Wade's part to simply say 'I don't know, ask Newman'...Everyone knows the coach isn't going to necessarily reveal what is really going on with an injury or not but they usually pass the question off to the trainers etc...Wade didn't do that which makes it odd to me
I can only shake my head at this. I have no response.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2313709 said:
So for coaches like Parcells or Belichick or anyone else, it's a calculated desire to keep potentially valuable information from other teams.

For Wade, it's stupidity and/or ignorance.

What is the difference?

The obvious would be that a coach trying to conceal an injury/concern by passing it to another person on his staff is credible and at least honest with the media...Passing it off to the player themselves is not only dismissive but dishonest...The player knows but the coach doesn't?

At least a credible argument can be made that the nature of an injury can be better understood and explained by a trainer rather than the coach

'Sounds' more like Wade was PO'd...And judging from his Pressy and some of the other testy reactions from players, stress and pressure is getting to them