DMN Blog: Wade on TO Tears and Newman Injury

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wade actually said several times that we didn't play well in areas and that we're going to work as hard as we can to correct those areas.

He also said that it's good when you can win when you're not playing your best, because every team is going to have weeks when they aren't at the top of their game.

But once again, that doesn't fit the agenda.

I wonder when Jon Gruden's contract is up? He talks a great game, and even has the scowl to go with it. Maybe he's what we need.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say that closely echoes my sentiments at this point, as well.

Also reminds me of the some of the comments from LBs James and Burnett in successive weeks that amounted to 'It's no big deal'.

Perhaps some of us are thinking of the Jimmy Johnson type of atmosphere where it wasn't simply the record but the manner in which they played...I can't think of a big game from that era where I was worried that someone would false start, fumble, run the wrong route or simply say 'It's no big deal' after a loss or poor finish...Yet, here we are

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2313866 said:
Wade actually said several times that we didn't play well in areas and that we're going to work as hard as we can to correct those areas.

He also said that it's good when you can win when you're not playing your best, because every team is going to have weeks when they aren't at the top of their game.

But once again, that doesn't fit the agenda.

I wonder when Jon Gruden's contract is up? He talks a great game, and even has the scowl to go with it. Maybe he's what we need.

Depends, is his contract up after this year?

:laugh2:

dgr81

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2313866 said:
there was a time when people were looking at jeff fisher to come here. why did he have to re-sign with tennessee? :bang2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2313546 said:
Just like Bob said in his blog today. At what point do you have to assume Newman as injury prone?

But you're immediately labeled a chicken little when you display your hostility towards signing a guy to an 80 million dollar deal that can never stay healthy. I understand the complexities of a groin injury, especially a slight tear - just leave him out until hes 100 %. I understand hes a competitor and wants to play, but we aren't going to go far in the post season without a 100 % healthy Newman. At that point, the other injury prone corner will probably be hobbling as well.

I'm not bashing the signing, but I'm not unconcerned by it now either

but I did wish that Newman played some of this year, or the whole year before signing a new contract

idk, we have a long time to find out if NEwman is injury-prone or not now lol

risco

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313520 said:
Wade Phillips knows nothing about T.O.'s tears
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's wrong with Terence Newman?
1:53 PM Mon, Oct 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Heck if Dr. Wade Phillips knows. Or perhaps he just doesn't want that information to be public.

Newman sat out Sunday's game after popping up on the injury report Friday afternoon as questionable (groin). Did he aggravate the injury he originally suffered the first week of training camp?

"I don't know," Phillips said. "You'd have to ask him."

Phillips also claimed not to know what kind of medical test Newman underwent today. The official word on Newman is that the Cowboys are "re-evaluating" his injury.

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry

I'm beginning to believe the Newman is a great big bust. He's always a step behind.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TO is dying to score and put this team over the top on EVERY PLAY. Nothing wrong with that.

He had a drought. He scored a TD.

Its not the first time he cried after scoring game winning TD. In San Fran he cried like a baby... THEN in the locker room... the first thing he did was THANK HIS TEAM MATES. Over and over.