WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware fined
2:10 PM Fri, Dec 14, 2007 | Permalink
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

The NFL fined Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware $12,500 for his hit last week on Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna.

Ware drew a roughing-the-passer penalty in the firt quarter for lifting Kitna and slamming him to the ground.

Comments (4) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Injury report

1:51 PM Fri, Dec 14, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

The big news here is something we've really all known: Terry Glenn won't play this week. Here's the rest of the story ...

FRIDAY PRACTICE REPORT

DID NOT PRACTICE: WR Terry Glenn (Knee)
LIMITED PARTICIPATION: CB Terence Newman (Knee/Toe)
FULL PARTICIPATION: OT Marc Colombo (Ankle); WR Patrick Crayton (Ankle)

GAME STATUS

OUT: WR Terry Glenn (Knee)
QUESTIONABLE: CB Terence Newman (Knee/Toe)
PROBABLE: T Marc Colombo (Ankle); WR Patrick Crayton (Ankle)

December 14, 2007
Eagles injury report

2:24 PM Fri, Dec 14, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Here you go ...

OUT: RB Correll Buckhalter (concussion) (did not practice); TE L.J. Smith (knee) (did not practice)
QUESTIONABLE: S Brian Dawkins (back) (full participation in practice); T Jon Runyan (knee) (full participation in practice)
PROBABLE: WR Reggie Brown (shin) (full participation in practice); DT Mike Patterson (ankle) (full participation in practice); RB Brian Westbrook (knee) (limited participation in practice)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stupid. You can clearly see Ware's face was already in the chest of Kitna when he threw the ball. How was Ware supposed to know Kitna had actually thrown the ball?

F the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;1832968 said:
Stupid. You can clearly see Ware's face was already in the chest of Kitna when he threw the ball. How was Ware supposed to know Kitna had actually thrown the ball?

F the NFL.

Had he not driven Kitna into the ground he may not have been fined and even though I don't think it was done intentionally he did do it.

The Panch

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but you can get fined for lifting your oppopent up for the slam?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Panch;1832979 said:
Excuse my ignorance, but you can get fined for lifting your oppopent up for the slam?

In a league who protects QB's you betcha

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The Panch;1832979 said:

yeah that is the problem with what he did, it wasnt really late, but you cant continue the play like he did plus you can not scoop him up like that and slam him down with your weight on him.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
the NFL seems to be doing everything in its power lately to make me stop watching

joseephuss

Reaction score
If Kitna still has the ball, that is not a penalty. Once the QB lets the ball go you can't drive him to the ground, but Ware thought he had the ball. I understand the penalty and the fine, but I don't think Ware did anything dumb. He was just not in a position to know that the ball was thrown.

joseephuss

Reaction score
aikemirv;1833013 said:
I am with you. This is not WWF. If that were Romo, I want him protected from that kind of stuff.

Speaking of Romo. Wasn't there a play where he ran down field and slid, but someone still hit him while on the ground with no flag?

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1833007 said:
Ware drives Kitna into the turf

In the minority but personally, I thought he should have been fined.

Actually I agree with you on this one. While it was deserved to some extent for all the crap that Kitnal stated previously, it really did deserve the penalty and the fine that was received.

aikemirv

Reaction score
joseephuss;1833015 said:
Speaking of Romo. Wasn't there a play where he ran down field and slid, but someone still hit him while on the ground with no flag?

Yeah there was. I have seen that a few times this year without a flag. One time to Brady without a flag and he came up crying "they can't do that"

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
aikemirv;1833013 said:
I am with you. This is not WWF. If that were Romo, I want him protected from that kind of stuff.

Good point.

There would be all kinds of wailing and gnashing of teeth if someone did it to Romo.

And of course, huge applause when the NFL made his wallet $12,500 lighter.