DMN Blog: Ware fined 12,500 for hit on Kitna

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;1833114 said:
Ware didn't see him get rid of the ball. Ware's face is in his chest when the ball comes out. It's not clear cut at all.

What does it matter if he saw it or not? Most guys do not mean to get a 15 yard face mask but when you do it you will get a flag. If your talking about the fine even at that in a league who protects the QB as the NFL does you will get hit with a fine. What I said was clear cut is the violation and yes it is clear cut that Ware drilled him into the turf after the ball was already released.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Players get fined all the time. He was flagged and deserved the fine. No bigee, move on.

Good thing Newman didn't do it though!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1832978 said:
Had he not driven Kitna into the ground he may not have been fined and even though I don't think it was done intentionally he did do it.

agreed. one thing to hit him and hit him hard. another to pick him up and slam him down.

it was in the play, yes. but still wrong and he can't contest the fine.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The Panch;1832979 said:
Excuse my ignorance, but you can get fined for lifting your oppopent up for the slam?

That hit was so blatant, I am actually surprised he didnt get fined more money. He stopped bear hugged him, picked him up and slammed him down with all his weight. It was pretty obvious the ball had been thrown and what was happening on that play.

Scotman

Reaction score
It was surely an illegal hit and slam and deserved the fine.

And I'm still glad he did it. :D

Givincer

Reaction score
Because it was great to watch. That's why I'm glad he did it, anyway. Can't speak for Scotsman, I suppose, but I'd imagine that's why he is glad he did it too.