DMN Blog: Ware fined 12,500 for hit on Kitna

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
If T-New hadn't made those comments earlier in the week then he wouldn't owe D-Ware 12,500K!! :laugh2: And he better pay that man because he might not have been fined had it not been for him running his mouth!:thumbup:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
theebs;1832988 said:
yeah that is the problem with what he did, it wasnt really late, but you cant continue the play like he did plus you can not scoop him up like that and slam him down with your weight on him.

he did it to marshal faulk n no fine

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
smarta5150;1833044 said:
You can scoop and slam... this was on a QB though and we all know how that goes.

QB's=
istockphoto_2556312_cry_baby.jpg

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1832965 said:
DMN Blog: Ware fined 12,500 for hit on Kitna

$1.00 per Cowboyszone member just about covers it... make Reality and Hostile pay the difference :D

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Any penalty for unnecessary roughness, roughing the passer, etc., almost always draws a fine -- unless the NFL determines that the penalty wasn't warranted. So nobody should be surprised when a Cowboys player gets fined for a penalty like that. It would be unusual if there wasn't a fine.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1833007 said:
Ware drives Kitna into the turf

In the minority but personally, I thought he should have been fined.

I don't see how you could be in the minority. that was obviously WAY after the play.

I actually thought, given the comments Tnew made, that Ware would get a larger penalty -- but he got some benefit of the doubt as he's been pretty clean throughout his career. If that was, say Roy Williams, we likely would have seen a suspension.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I thought it was a good call. I think he deserved the fine.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It was a good call, but Witten should have gotten a late hit call in that game too.:D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
the kid 05;1833037 said:
he did it to marshal faulk n no fine

yeah faulk is not a quarterback though.

It happens alot with corners scooping wr and running backs, never gets called unless it is a qb though.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Meh, that was legit penalty and fine, I have no problem with it. Ware did show just how strong he is though. :D

jcollins28

Reaction score
That ill lighten the wallet. I think the fine is a bit heavy because of all the talk though.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
joseephuss;1833008 said:
If Kitna still has the ball, that is not a penalty. Once the QB lets the ball go you can't drive him to the ground, but Ware thought he had the ball. I understand the penalty and the fine, but I don't think Ware did anything dumb. He was just not in a position to know that the ball was thrown.

It would still be a penalty if Kitna hadn't thrown the ball. Lifting a QB off the ground and then landing on him is always going to draw a fine.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1833011 said:
I agree. I don't think it was intentional but Ware lifted him and drilled him into the ground after the ball was already gone. It is pretty clear cut

Ware didn't see him get rid of the ball. Ware's face is in his chest when the ball comes out. It's not clear cut at all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1833103 said:
It would still be a penalty if Kitna hadn't thrown the ball. Lifting a QB off the ground and then landing on him is always going to draw a fine.

No it's not. Ware didn't get fined when he drove Marshal Faulk into the ground. I think he did the same thing to Reggie Bush.