News: DMN: Boomer Esiason: This is the only way I can see the Cowboys losing to the Packers

Reaction score
The only way the Packers win this game is if Rodgers plays completely out of his mind. Throwing 30 and 40 yards dimes all over the field for 60 minutes. With a Hail Mary or 2 thrown in.

If he's off his game just a bit, they have no chance.

Scary thing about Rodgers is that he is just the kind of QB who can play like that. We have already seen it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I love the first to 35 snap shot...as I think at that point, separation is gained for the Cowboys. They will have won some smaller battles and pushed upon a window to overcome for Green Bay.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The only way the Packers win this game is if Rodgers plays completely out of his mind. Throwing 30 and 40 yards dimes all over the field for 60 minutes. With a Hail Mary or 2 thrown in.

Scary thing about Rodgers is that he is just the kind of QB who can play like that. We have already seen it.

Unfortunately you are right. That's assuming they protect the ball and we don't.

sean10mm

Reaction score
If Rodgers has another human cheat code kind of game like he had against the Giants, then the Packers can at least stay in it till the end.

If we have a flashback to the dumb & sloppy Cowboys of the 2010-2013 malaise years, who shot themselves in the foot all the time and found ways to lose even when Romo put up 5 TDs, then it's very much in their power to blow it.

If we have a game where both teams play their "average" 2016 game then the Cowboys win without much drama.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The Packers only turning the ball over a single time in the past 7 games is a worrisome trait.

It one of the most likely reasons why I suspect Vegas has the Packers as only a 4.5 point underdog.

It's not like the Cowboys have been bad in this category -- they've only averaged slightly more than 1 lost turnover per game over the same amount of time.

Having said that, if the Packers end up +1 in turn-overs on Sunday then I think this becomes a 50/50 game.

It's why I am so happy that game is at AT&T instead of the frozen tundra.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Packers only turning the ball over a single time in the past 7 games is a worrisome trait.

It one of the most likely reasons why I suspect Vegas has the Packers as only a 4.5 point underdog.

It's not like the Cowboys have been bad in this category -- they've only averaged slightly more than 1 lost turnover per game over the same amount of time.

Having said that, if the Packers end up +1 in turn-overs on Sunday then I think this becomes a 50/50 game.

It's why I am so happy that game is at AT&T instead of the frozen tundra.

On the nosey!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am more concerned with ill-timed penalties and first playoff game jitters. Only way we lose is if Dallas beats themselves......which is very possible :(

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Game plans(Off & Def), play calling,coaching, game mgmt, are all things that will matter in this game,
and could be the difference.
McCarthy vs Garret, Dom Capers vs Linehan, McCarthy vs Marinelli.

Also will any players step up and make big plays, or have big games ??
Last week cobb stepped up for GB and Rodgers and the other WR all had a big game.

Like when the giants WR caught the ball on his helmet, that kind of play can help win games.

If you look at the giants last week, no one stepped up, except manning a little, and perkins a little that was it.

I worry as our guys have had a lot of time off since last real game, which would be detroit.

So I agree they may start slow.

But I think Dak is the type of guy, who will prepare for this game like crazy, to make sure he is ready.
And if he is Ready, that may be all it takes.

Reactions: BAT

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yes add to that the all star ref teams that did not work together during season !!
That is odd thing, any logical reason the dont use the best "teams" of refs ????

I hope there isnt some bad calls, that decide the game.
Be bad if game ended same way with throw to dez, and he does same thing, and catch or not a catch!!
The play is under review !!

manster4ever

Reaction score

True. I've said all week it's all up to our front 7. They do their job then we have no major issues. If they don't...game on and then some.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't think we blow them out as bad as we did a few months ago but we win by 10-13. I can see a slow start happening. But we will gain our footing and get control of the game. Packers have been playing playoff games almost for the last 7 weeks. They almost had to win out to get in and now won their 1st round game. They definitely are hot but even with all that, they had some slow starts the last few weeks against Det and NYG.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Former NFL MVP and CBS broadcaster Boomer Esiason thinks Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers is the Dallas Cowboys' to lose.
He sees only one route for the Packers to leave AT&T Stadium with a victory.

"To me, the only the Green Bay Packers I believe can win this game is if somehow they keep the game close in the fourth quarter and they end up with the last possession," Esiason said Thursday in an interview with 105.3 The Fan.

"But I don't think it's going to be that close in the fourth quarter. I think Dallas will probably get off to a little bit of a slow start because they haven't played in about three weeks. But at the end of the day, they're just too good offensively with a big offensive line, and they should be able to maul what I think is an undermanned, undersized defense for the Green Bay Packers, especially in the secondary."

He thinks the Cowboys' offense just outmatches Green Bay's defense.

"I would think that [the Cowboys] go in very, very confidently," Esiason said. "They're catching what I believe right now could be the worst defense left in the playoffs in the Green Bay Packers."

***snip***

Continue reading...
According to this: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/1/11/14243460/pass-defenses-divisional-rounds

Esiason is correct in his assessment that the GB defense is the worst left...on both sides.