News: DMN: Boomer Esiason: This is the only way I can see the Cowboys losing to the Packers

willia451

Reaction score
So basically he is saying what everyone out here in the Zone has been saying for days.

The Cowboys can't lose unless they beat themselves. With either penalties or turnovers.

Welcome aboard Boomer. LOL!!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Agreed. Green Bay is in for a big surprise come Sunday!

I'm looking at a defensive domination, much like the first Payton Manning super bowl where his defense comes alive in the playoffs and his defense won, not the offense. Which was exactly the opposite that most thought.

It's been building guys, Doomsday is back!

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I can almost assure you it will not be a blowout win for us. It's probably going to be close until the end. If Rodgers plays lights out, like he usually does, our D will not be able to stop him. He may not have a running game or his best WR in the game but he's still Rodgers.

Proximo

Reaction score
Not worried about the offense much. Mostly the defense. Would like to put up 35+ and make them punt three times preferably 5+.

Here's how I see this-

We hung 30 points on them with Dez on the sidelines in street clothes, AND Dak committing a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers.

GB's defense is simply not built to stop our offense. And if anything, their D is in worse shape now than it was in October.

On the flip side, our defense is coming off what was probably their best month of the season, AND as healthy as you could reasonably expect to be at this point.

I don't see how anyone could reasonably conclude that GB is better team.

I think the only way we lose is if our offense comes out flat/off. And I don't think that'll happen, not with EE and Dak at the helm. I feel good about this game, and it's not because I'm being a homer. :D

lukin2006

Reaction score
Have to agree to a certain extent, but I tend to think if we turn the ball over we could lose, Rogers is dangerous when having to march the team 60-80 yards, give him a couple short fields and that might spell trouble ...

haleyrules

Reaction score
I'm looking at a defensive domination, much like the first Payton Manning super bowl where his defense comes alive in the playoffs and his defense won, not the offense. Which was exactly the opposite that most thought.

It's been building guys, Doomsday is back!
The Cowboy Defense is not getting the credit it rightfully deserves. This is a club with well above average balance!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Here's how I see this-

We hung 30 points on them with Dez on the sidelines in street clothes, AND Dak committing a couple of uncharacteristic turnovers.

GB's defense is simply not built to stop our offense. And if anything, their D is in worse shape now than it was in October.

On the flip side, our defense is coming off what was probably their best month of the season, AND as healthy as you could reasonably expect to be at this point.

I don't see how anyone could reasonably conclude that GB is better team.

I think the only way we lose is if our offense comes out flat/off. And I don't think that'll happen, not with EE and Dak at the helm. I feel good about this game, and it's not because I'm being a homer. :D

I agree. Most understand the above. I think the concern is hosting a hot QB and a hot team (notwithstanding their problems) who are not turning the ball over which is one of the most important elements in Ws and Ls.

Keep us close in the TO Diff and hope they don't throw a monkey in the wrench defensively confusing Dak and we should win all things equal.

I'll get back to the winning formula for all games:

1. TO Diff
2. Sc%
3. RZ%
4. 28+PPG scored and <21PPG given up preferably <=17PPG
5. And whatever stats says best we pass/defend better than you pass/defend.

Defensively we must pressure Rodgers while containing the pocket esp keeping out of the right side where he throws well on the run. Not take for granted the run defense. Avoid big negative plays and make 2-4 big positive plays. Force 3+ punts at the least.

I'd run that 3 man DL and rotate the mess out of it while keeping trying to spy on Rodgers as much as possible.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You guys convinced me. I'm pumped! There's no way the Cowboys can lose.

Having said that, if they do lose, each and everyone of you is going on my **** list for infusing me with false hope.
Well best not to get too pumped up or expecting a win, if they did lose , you will be really bummed out.
I am just looking at it like we should win if we play good, and I think we will win, but know there is always the chance they might lose.
Dallas has the advantage, home field, rested, and most players healthy.
Dallas has shown they can beat any team, and win most of the time, so they should win this one, but it isnt guaranteed.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
The only way the Packers win this game is if Rodgers plays completely out of his mind.

Agreed, but that's half the equation. Godgers will have to play GOAT level in conjunction with our offense sputtering and our defense giving up big pass plays (opposite of our style). GB can win it, but, IMO, it won't be outright......it will require mistakes on our part to complete the recipe.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I agree. Most understand the above. I think the concern is hosting a hot QB and a hot team (notwithstanding their problems) who are not turning the ball over which is one of the most important elements in Ws and Ls.

Keep us close in the TO Diff and hope they don't throw a monkey in the wrench defensively confusing Dak and we should win all things equal.

I'll get back to the winning formula for all games:

1. TO Diff
2. Sc%
3. RZ%
4. 28+PPG scored and <21PPG given up preferably <=17PPG
5. And whatever stats says best we pass/defend better than you pass/defend.

Defensively we must pressure Rodgers while containing the pocket esp keeping out of the right side where he throws well on the run. Not take for granted the run defense. Avoid big negative plays and make 2-4 big positive plays. Force 3+ punts at the least.

I'd run that 3 man DL and rotate the mess out of it while keeping trying to spy on Rodgers as much as possible.
The key stat to winning any game:
points scored > points allowed

The rest is mental masturbation

Phoenix

Reaction score
Dallas - 13-3 7-1 at home 421 points scored 306 points against +115 differential

Already won at Green Bay in Week 6, by a good margin

GB - 10-6 4-4 on the road 432 points scored 388 points against +44 differential

Dallas - L1 streak
GB - W7 streak (including last week)

Those streaks, both of them, are due to end. We already beat them. Their D is far worse than ours. Our O is right on par with theirs.

I like our chances :flagwave:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Boomer said it pretty well. I had 35-34, just the Cowboys ended up short.