News: DMN: Colin Cowherd: There's never been a quarterback less respected than Cowboys' Tony Romo

Plankton

Reaction score
If it's possible for a big time, well known player to be vastly underrated, Tony Romo is that guy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That would be so bittersweet for Romo fans like myself. To watch him make the sacrifices he's made, physically and mentally all these years, and retire without a ring and then see Dak do it instead.
I blame Jerry. He's had 10 years to surround Romo who's so beaten up now don't know if he can stay on the field with the most talent he's had.

Remember Jerry is the one who said for years that with Romo's mobility he didn't need a great OL. Jerry , what a football idiot,

rags747

Reaction score
I agree. We've all pretty much agreed that a SB appearance is the only thing that will earn him that respect across the board. And what's crazy is if Romo is injured this season missing games, the national media will basically demand Jerry to hand the keys over to Dak and drop Tony.
Agreed. Had this argument today at work with some Giants fans. They were going off on how Eli was so good etc etc. I'm in a trading room, I stood up and said that Eli could not hold Romo's jock as far as pure QB play. Eli has had the defense that Romo has never had. When Romo did have an OL in 2007 they completely collapsed in the 2nd half of that Giant game. Romo has just never had the total team that is required to win in this league. He still has no defense this year although I believe our offense will be pretty dam good.

Romo needs 1 championship ring to solidify his HOF chances. Have started to notice recently that people are starting to say that he is borderline HOF material now, 1 Ring and he's in IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd love to see Romo do it but not enough to sacrafice a better shot with someone else.

I'm not saying we're there yet but at some point we might be.

I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan first.

And I think that's what we're seeing from some of the fanbase. They're so hungry and impatient.

I think it will take a natural course.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. Had this argument today at work with some Giants fans. They were going off on how Eli was so good etc etc. I'm in a trading room, I stood up and said that Eli could not hold Romo's jock as far as pure QB play. Eli has had the defense that Romo has never had. When Romo did have an OL in 2007 they completely collapsed in the 2nd half of that Giant game. Romo has just never had the total team that is required to win in this league. He still has no defense this year although I believe our offense will be pretty dam good.

Romo needs 1 championship ring to solidify his HOF chances. Have started to notice recently that people are starting to say that he is borderline HOF material now, 1 Ring and he's in IMO.
That is true but that's where the blame falls on Jerry.

He's had 10 years to build a defense and we're still suspect . Parcells had us going in the right direction and Jerry got off track with his Triplett thinking. He's still never realized it was those great defenses which were the difference.

Both of those Giant teams with Eli. Great defensive line pressure which rattled Brady were the difference. But Eli did make some clutch plays and that's where Romo has to take some responsibility . Being clutch on the biggest stage which he almost did in 2014 at Green Bay.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
He can say nice things about romo all he wants and about us all he wants (and he does!). But I cannot stand this guy. His voice makes my blood boil and when he moved to fox sports I was elated I never had to listen to him again. There are very few people in life that I despise as much as I do him.

How a sports talk show host talks more about politics and society than sports I'll never know but if I never hear his voice again in my lifetime it'll be too soon. Honestly i haven't met a single person who likes him so idk how he even gets ratings.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I used to be very hard on Tony but after seeing what he did 2 years ago with a balanced office, I absolutely blame Jerry. And this defense has been awful as well.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
"You still have your coaching staff."

Uh, yeah. They were a HUGE part of the problem.