News: DMN: Cowboys have 4th pick in NFL Draft; which No. 4s have bombed, starred

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
No one batted an eye when Hannah went 4th overall despite being a G. He was the ground breaker there much like Ditka was at TE. What a tremendous player he was.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We selected one player at the 4 in Scott Appleton whose rights were traded to the Steelers for Buddy Dial. He signed with the Oilers so the Steelers got nada for the trade. Appleton had problems and a short career after player at UT and winning the Outland Trophy.

So this is our second pick ever at 4.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember the talk. They did have newspapers, publications, and the news even then. :)

.-- .... . -. .... .- -. -. .- .... .-- . -. - ....- - .... --- ...- . .-. .- .-.. .-.. -.. . ... .--. .. - . -... . .. -. --. .- --. ..- .- .-. -.. .-.-.- - .... . .-. . .-- . .-. . .--. .-.. . -. - -.-- --- ..-. .--. . --- .--. .-.. . .--. .-. . - - -.-- .- -. --. .-. -.-- .- -... --- ..- - - .... .- - --..-- - .... . -.-- .--- ..- ... - -.. --- -. .----. - .- -.. -- .. - .. - - .... . ... . -.. .- -.-- ... .-.-.- --. ..- .- .-. -.. ... .-- . .-. . .--- ..- ... - -. --- - ...- .- .-.. ..- . -.. -... .- -.-. -.- - .... . -.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Myles Jack to me is a bust candidate.He looks the part but 4 is way too high for him and he cant play MLB.He also has a season ending injury already in his College Career.You just cant take such a big risk at 4.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
seems to me OL or WR is the way to go at 4 according to these rankings. Im all for treadwell and picking up Henry in the 2nd. !!!:yourock:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
.-- .... . -. .... .- -. -. .- .... .-- . -. - ....- - .... --- ...- . .-. .- .-.. .-.. -.. . ... .--. .. - . -... . .. -. --. .- --. ..- .- .-. -.. .-.-.- - .... . .-. . .-- . .-. . .--. .-.. . -. - -.-- --- ..-. .--. . --- .--. .-.. . .--. .-. . - - -.-- .- -. --. .-. -.-- .- -... --- ..- - - .... .- - --..-- - .... . -.-- .--- ..- ... - -.. --- -. .----. - .- -.. -- .. - .. - - .... . ... . -.. .- -.-- ... .-.-.- --. ..- .- .-. -.. ... .-- . .-. . .--- ..- ... - -. --- - ...- .- .-.. ..- . -.. -... .- -.-. -.- - .... . -.

Smart ***! :D

PS: You left out the carrier pigeons and before that....the Crows!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Myles Jack to me is a bust candidate.He looks the part but 4 is way too high for him and he cant play MLB.He also has a season ending injury already in his College Career.You just cant take such a big risk at 4.

You know he played MLB some in college right?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
his best Position in the NFL is WLB.

Does not matter, Jack can play all of the positions even if he best fits at the will.

Cowboys can simply move Jack around, heck he can even play SAM.

Jack is 245 lbs and has all the tools.

Our lbs, even with Ro resigned have injury and performance questions, upgrade would certainly help.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Does not matter, Jack can play all of the positions even if he best fits at the will.

Cowboys can simply move Jack around, heck he can even play SAM.

Jack is 245 lbs and has all the tools.

Our lbs, even with Ro resigned have injury and performance questions, upgrade would certainly help.

and yet you are advocating taking a LB who just had a season ending injury at 4TH overall? even Kuechly was not drafted so high and he was an actual playmaker in college.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
and yet you are advocating taking a LB who just had a season ending injury at 4TH overall? even Kuechly was not drafted so high and he was an actual playmaker in college.

I am not advocating anything, I would like a QB if available at 4.

However, just like most of the top talent evaluators, I think Jack is in the top 5 conversation.

We are not dealing with any other draft than this one contextually speaking, you evaluate what you have accordingly.

Jack should be good to go on the knee by his pro day.

I am just questioning improper evaluation on a player that has elite talent.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not advocating anything, I would like a QB if available at 4.

However, just like most of the top talent evaluators, I think Jack is in the top 5 conversation.

Jack should be good to go on the knee by his pro day.

I wouldnt mind Jack but its too damn risky at 4.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind Jack but its too damn risky at 4.

Fair enough if that is your take but many criticisms of Jack are simply not accurate.

I like Jack but if I can secure my future QB then I will go for it and not look back.

Jack is worthy and would be in the conversation at 4 if we were to pass on a QB but that does not mean other options are not just as viable.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Exactly what we look for in our linebackers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

With his middle and edge rush skills and ability to take on blocks, you line him up at SAM and rotate him in the nickel and never look back.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I get that people have their pet cats but between Goff, Jack, Bosa, Ramsey, and Tunsil an absolute blue chipper will be there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Then who can you take? They all have question marks. Ramsey is probably the closest thing to a sure thing. As is Bosa but with Bosa you are probably settling there for a solid player.