News: DMN: Cowboys receiver Miles Austin feels fine: 'I'm playing in the game' Sunday

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The amazing recuperative powers of Terrance Williams.

I'm not sure, but it might've been @theebs who mentioned that they might hold Miles out until the Commanders game regardless of what was reported. So sounds like the expected rehab time to me.

Nirvana

Reaction score
I agree on the TW angle. I like our depth here. Miles has a serious threat to his #2 WR role. I am sure this has helped things, perhaps even unknowingly speeding up Miles' recovery.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I hate to defend Miles over this, but Hamstring problems can be so hard to get over. Especially in a sport like this.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He can sit behind Williams and Beasley. Or at the very least he should be slot with Williams still starting opposite Dez.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Why because Williams had one good game?

Other than the fumble the game prior, he's had two very good games. Beyond that, he is supposed to be the future #2 WR on this team. At some point, you have to let the future guy take over. He and Miles don't play the spot anyway. Miles is a slot receiver.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I understand the love Williams is getting but at this point in time he's no Miles Austin when miles is healthy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wait until he has to accelerate to try and catch a small overthrow! Ham and beans all over again.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
He's back, but I would bet money that he re-injures the hamstring again sometime in the next several weeks. I don't know a whole lot about the subject, but from what I have read and watch regarding hamstring injuries, once you start getting them, it becomes easier and easier to get them again. When healed, there is scar tissue on the hamstring which isn't as pliable as the original tissue, and the stress on that tissue increases the chance of re-injury. Miles has had several of these injuries in the past several years, so I'm somewhat expecting a repeat of last year when this nagged him all season.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it might've been @theebs who mentioned that they might hold Miles out until the Redsk*ns game regardless of what was reported. So sounds like the expected rehab time to me.

yea steve dennis said it on the Monday after he injured it against the rams. Said he was told don't expect him till the skins game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I hate to defend Miles over this, but Hamstring problems can be so hard to get over. Especially in a sport like this.

Well, hopefully Miles is giving Michael Vick some advice on how to heal quickly from hamstring problems. :)