News: DMN: Cowboys receiver Miles Austin feels fine: 'I'm playing in the game' Sunday

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I would like the team to stick with the Rookie. Miles days are numbered and time to get Williams the reps. Not only because he is the future #2 but because he is a better option than Miles.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it might've been @theebs who mentioned that they might hold Miles out until the Redsk*ns game regardless of what was reported. So sounds like the expected rehab time to me.

Whoa, whoa.. whoa.

Settle down with that simple logic there.. we have "Cowboys fans" around.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I hate to defend Miles over this, but Hamstring problems can be so hard to get over. Especially in a sport like this.

You hate to defend a homegrown player on the team you love? A guy who worked his way up from nowhere to become a pro bowl caliber player, mainly through hard work and strong will?

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I'm glad to have Miles back but he isn't the same player he used to be after all these injuries.

I'd like to see them kind of limit his snaps Sunday by playing him in the slot on 3 wide receiver sets but leaving Williams on the outside when we only have 2 receivers on the field.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Austin has no fear of TW in losing the number 2 spot. Which is funny we are talking about this after how people talked about TW after the Chargers game. But have people forgotten that the plan was always to have TW on the outside and Austin in the slot?

I mean did people forget all of training camp and the offseason?

You realize this is why we started the kid outside from essentially day 1. We wanted him to grow in the role while being able to be eased in due to the presence of Dez, Miles and Witten.

dallasdave

Reaction score
A little bit of Beasley I think is on Austin's mind, A little bit of Williams and Austin feels just fine.

Wood

Reaction score
honestly I would rather see Williams and Beasley get more playing time. I am pretty certain Miles is gone after this year so Dallas should invest their time and resources for their future.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'm happy he's back. We can use him. He's more proven than Williams and Beasley combined. Having him will keep fresh legs out there and gives us depth.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I don't see why Miles won't be here next year, if he can get healthy and stay that way. It isn't until 2016 when his salary jumps into the area where only big stars actually get paid that much - 11.38 million. Next year his salary is 5.5 million and in 2015 it is 6.9 million.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't see why Miles won't be here next year, if he can get healthy and stay that way. It isn't until 2016 when his salary jumps into the area where only big stars actually get paid that much - 11.38 million. Next year his salary is 5.5 million and in 2015 it is 6.9 million.

I can understand why they would get rid of him. That is 5.5 million to a part time player. His injury history makes him a 5.5 million dollar gamble on a player that is very likely going to be injured when he is needed most.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I can understand why they would get rid of him. That is 5.5 million to a part time player. His injury history makes him a 5.5 million dollar gamble on a player that is very likely going to be injured when he is needed most.

Exactly.

You dont pay guys that spend more time in the tub than on the field almost $6 large. Like Steven Jones once said, "you cant make the club in the tub".

Austin either needs to decide to sack up and play through the injury or put his house on the market because this play one week, sit one week, play one week, sit one week crap is not cutting it.

Fredd

Reaction score
My goodness, you guys act like he violated your sister...the guy has issues with his hamstrings...is he brittle? perhaps...is he our 2nd best WR? certainly...and, IMO, he isn't taking snaps away from Williams, he is taking them away from Beasley, Escobar, and Hanna (the latter two in the passing game, not from a blocking perspective)

the offense, when healthy, is at it's best with Dez and TW on the outside and Miles in the slot...we should see that against the 28th rated defense against the pass on sunday night (they are also 31st against the run)....