News: DMN: Cowboys receiver Miles Austin feels fine: 'I'm playing in the game' Sunday

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Amazing most here want Miles gone when our defense is so pathetic, we need all the weapons on offense. If anyone isn't earning his pay it's Ware. He also has missed the last 2 games.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
IRVING — Miles Austin said Friday that he’s ready to play Sunday night. The Dallas Cowboys veteran wide receiver was inactive the last two games with a strained left hamstring but was a full participant in practice Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

“Practiced hard,” Austin said. “Fired up … I’m playing in the 1st quarter. I feel fine.”

When further questioned about playing against Washington, Austin repeatedly responded with a simple: “Fired up and excited.”

Continue reading...

There... fixed it for ya!

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Amazing most here want Miles gone when our defense is so pathetic, we need all the weapons on offense. If anyone isn't earning his pay it's Ware. He also has missed the last 2 games.

There are only so many spots on the field and many feel that TWill and the Beez have earned a spot on the field by not being in the tub, practicing and playing well.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
There are only so many spots on the field and many feel that TWill and the Beez have earned a spot on the field by not being in the tub, practicing and playing well.

I'm guessing he will have a spot on the field tonight. Like I said, with our d so bad, we need all the weapons possible.

morasp

Reaction score
Scout’s Notebook: Final Thoughts For Dallas-Washington

Posted 13 hours ago

Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/Scout

Terrance Williams has impressively caught 84 percent of the passes thrown his way through five games this season. Williams will play on the outside when Austin goes to the slot, or Cole Beasley will line up in the slot with either Austin or Williams on the outside. Beasley has also received some work on the outside. Dwayne Harris can play either in the slot or outside, so he is an option there as well. One of the most successful formations the Cowboys used last week was “Empty” but I don’t expect to see it that much this week, because the Commanders pass rush is better than what the Broncos had last week. Look for the Cowboys to get back to their “12” personnel groups with Witten, Hanna and Escobar in the mix and attack the Commanders that way until Garrett and Bill Callahan get a read on what Jim Haslett is trying to do to them.

more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...shington/6a73a1fd-3160-4d17-88f0-b489737cde29

morasp

Reaction score
Miles Austin said he’s not in control of the number of reps he will receive Sunday night, but did have an answer for his playing status.
“I’m playing in the game,” he said Friday. “I’m excited. Ready to go.”
Austin has missed the last two games with a hamstring injury he sustained in the Rams game on Sept. 22. Last week, the Cowboys racked up 506 passing yards, including a career-high 151 yards and a score from rookie Terrance Williams, who has started in Austin’s place. Cole Beasley also had four for 47 yards and a touchdown last week.

In the first three games this year, Austin had 15 catches for 125 yards, including 10 for 72 in the opener with the Giants.
Six different players have caught touchdowns from Romo this year, but Austin has yet to find the end zone.

- Nick Eatman

more http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...f-Update/5727e7d7-c4ed-4c58-893c-24425c55688c

silver

Reaction score
Romo just had his best game ever without Austin. It's not as if we need him bad to help this offense. I'm all for moving on and let the younger prospects develop. If he wants to play let him earn his playing time.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo just had his best game ever without Austin. It's not as if we need him bad to help this offense. I'm all for moving on and let the younger prospects develop. If he wants to play let him earn his playing time.

Against a terrible Denver defense without 2 of their better players Von Miller and Champ Bailey. We will face better defenses I'm guessing. TWillliiams & Cole Beasley aren't seasoned vets yet.