DMN- Cowboys rookie visits

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2715385 said:
per Mosley

If you're trying to determine who the Cowboys will select at No. 51, I'd memorize the names on this list from Todd Archer. And the tight end from Rice, James Casey, is a guy the Cowboys' personnel department loves. It's just that the team's sort of stacked at that position right now.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-9-16/Friday-Beastlines--Special-Cutler-edition.html

BAT will be glad to hear that. :)

One thing I'll say is that the last few years we really seem to be on the right track with who we're scouting heavily. Even several guys that wound up being drafted by someone else and turned into good players were guys we reportedly liked a lot.

Woods

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2715489 said:
BAT will be glad to hear that. :)

One thing I'll say is that the last few years we really seem to be on the right track with who we're scouting heavily. Even several guys that wound up being drafted by someone else and turned into good players were guys we reportedly liked a lot.

Time to pull up my James Casey thread!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2714973 said:
If we get Sidbury, he's beating Spencer out in traning camp.

not even close. If we keep Ellis, which we should imo, Sidbury would be lucky to be active on game days

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2715000 said:
dude...put the crack pipe away

Well your boy Greggy will be gone and Sidbury is better at stopping the run and the same if not better than gettin to the QB..I don't see how it's hard to believe..beating out Spencer isn't a tough task to do.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2715505 said:
not even close. If we keep Ellis, which we should imo, Sidbury would be lucky to be active on game days

:lmao: This coming from a guy with Patrick CHung in his mock..you have no credibilty. BYE

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2714891 said:
I had Turner in a mock a few months ago, but not now. Not a good fit.

I dont want to draft a QB anymore either. After the top 3 they're all about the same to me. You could bring 2 or 3 UFA in and be just fine

I actually am starting to like him the more and more i see him. Doesn't have great speed but does make plays and played in a pro style offense.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;2715790 said:
I actually am starting to like him the more and more i see him. Doesn't have great speed but does make plays and played in a pro style offense.

USC receivers are trash city r us. Steve Smith is the only servicable one.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2715803 said:
USC receivers are trash city r us. Steve Smith is the only servicable one.

I agree, but he doesn't have all the hype that Mike Williams and others have had. I think he can be servicable like Steve Smith. Im not saying he is a great fit in Dallas either, just I think he can make it in this league.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;2715805 said:
I agree, but he doesn't have all the hype that Mike Williams and others have had. I think he can be servicable like Steve Smith. Im not saying he is a great fit in Dallas either, just I think he can make it in this league.

I agree with you. If they wanna spend a 5th or 6th on him that's fine..you can never have enough redzone threats. Between him,Martellus and Roy it would almost be impossible to defend.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2715809 said:
I agree with you. If they wanna spend a 5th or 6th on him that's fine..you can never have enough redzone threats. Between him,Martellus and Roy it would almost be impossible to defend.

Exactly my point. BTW...I agree with you on your argument on Delmas vs Chung. Delmas is the ONLY safety i would consider drafting at 51. Loved him at the Senior Bowl.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;2715814 said:
Exactly my point. BTW...I agree with you on your argument on Delmas vs Chung. Delmas is the ONLY safety i would consider drafting at 51. Loved him at the Senior Bowl.

Fosho..ya he's a really good prospect for this team and he balled it up at the Senior Bowl when players like Moore struggled.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Jason Williams and Patrick Turner coming in for a visit eh.....good idea.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;2715843 said:
Stephen McGee, it's going to happen.

I agree also..Texas A&M..fast agile QB who can run the Wildcat..also a solid QB. It's pretty much a given that we are drafting him.