News: DMN: Cowboys' strength coach: Dak Prescott's similar to Tom Brady off the field

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones made that comment right after describing how serious Prescott is about the game.

"He has an insatiable appetite to learn football," Jones said. "Football's the most important thing to him. It's real important to him that he has success. He's put down his social life, he's put down endorsements, he puts down things that a lot of these young people like to do, and he's totally one hundred percent focused."
Very glad to hear this! Dak has a great opportunity here and he appears to realize and accept that fact.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys strength and conditioning coordinator Mike Woicik is part of a rare group.
He and New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick each have won six Super Bowl rings, tops among coaches.

Woicik won three with the Cowboys in the 1990s and then three more while working alongside Belichick in New England.

Since Woicik was with the Patriots from 2000 to 2010, he knows a little bit about their four-time Super Bowl champion quarterback Tom Brady.

According to a recent interview with Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones, Woicik sees some of Brady in rookie quarterback Dak Prescott.

"I know Mike Woicik, our trainer, said, 'Hey, I don't decide how they play on the football field, I just try to get them prepared and see how they interact with the team,'" Jones said Tuesday on SiriusXM NFL Radio's Movin' The Chains show. "And I want you to take this for what it is, but he said, 'Obviously, I'm not saying he's Tom Brady on the field, but off the field, he certainly has a lot of his qualities.'

"So that was something from the get-go that we just said, 'Hey, we may have something here, let's see how it translates on the field.'"

Jones made that comment right after describing how serious Prescott is about the game.

"He has an insatiable appetite to learn football," Jones said. "Football's the most important thing to him. It's real important to him that he has success. He's put down his social life, he's put down endorsements, he puts down things that a lot of these young people like to do, and he's totally one hundred percent focused."

Continue reading...
Woicik does not seem like the type to blow smoke.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the criticism after the first bad game.

Prescott has been so good that he has put himself in a position to not be judged fairly.

His best play will be handing the ball off to Zeke and Morris. The NYG LBs are AWFUL and can be exposed by our OL and ground game. All Dak has to do is make smart reads when they load the box, break a run or two to keep the pass rush pacified, toss a few screens, and the running game can do the rest.

Dak has shown enough decisiveness as a QB to exploit man coverage and let Bryant and Witten do their thing. I really like our chances against NY-- the team will rally around Dak and the coaches have had 3 weeks+ to get a gameplan ready for him. I'm not saying he won't make some mistakes-- but the kid is a winner, a leader, and a hard worker-- and I think he notches his first W and the hype train gains some momentum.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I love the fact that Dak is working so hard off the field. It's encouraging.

But I wish the comparisons to Tom Brady stops. Even if it is off the field stuff. It's not fair to him, or to Brady.
I dont think thats what he was alluding to. He has worked with both, hes just saying his work ethic is the same. Not really earth shattering comparisons. Im sure there are other guys in the league with the same work ethic as Brady.

phildadon86

Reaction score
His best play will be handing the ball off to Zeke and Morris. The NYG LBs are AWFUL and can be exposed by our OL and ground game. All Dak has to do is make smart reads when they load the box, break a run or two to keep the pass rush pacified, toss a few screens, and the running game can do the rest.

Dak has shown enough decisiveness as a QB to exploit man coverage and let Bryant and Witten do their thing. I really like our chances against NY-- the team will rally around Dak and the coaches have had 3 weeks+ to get a gameplan ready for him. I'm not saying he won't make some mistakes-- but the kid is a winner, a leader, and a hard worker-- and I think he notches his first W and the hype train gains some momentum.
And then we get to listen to Stephen A eat crow. Literally my favourite thing next to Cowboys Ws, chicken wings, and beer.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the criticism after the first bad game.

Prescott has been so good that he has put himself in a position to not be judged fairly.

Yeah he is on a slippery slope, but I can see the reason for optimism for him.

If he does well, we will have a full blown QB circus on our hands.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yeah, a loss to the Giants and he throws 3 pics people will start talking about next years draft
I'm curious as to how Dak handles that situation....I hope he has thick skin.