News: DMN: Cowboys' strength coach: Dak Prescott's similar to Tom Brady off the field

yimyammer

Reaction score
"He has an insatiable appetite to learn football," Jones said. "Football's the most important thing to him. It's real important to him that he has success. He's put down his social life, he's put down endorsements, he puts down things that a lot of these young people like to do, and he's totally one hundred percent focused."

200_s.gif

aikemirv

Reaction score
How about this comparison.

Dak Prescott, Donovan McNabb and Lebron James - Look at the feet angle and gate when they walk....

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I love the fact that Dak is working so hard off the field. It's encouraging.

But I wish the comparisons to Tom Brady stops. Even if it is off the field stuff. It's not fair to him, or to Brady.

It's Jonesspeak 101 -- dangle an enticing hint of greatness to come, preface it with a "Now, I don't want to get anyone too excited, but I'm just saying..." and then sit back and watch the revenue pour in. Good stuff.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much that improves Daks opportunity but I'll take any connection to Brady as a positive influence.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hey, Tony Romo threw 3 picks in a loss to the Giants in his first real game and afterwards, all anyone talked about was how exciting he was.

I remember that game so vividly. The only loss that after the game I still felt happy. I remember that game so, so well. Romo brought us out of the cellar, and for that, he's my favorite Cowboy ever.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Hey, Tony Romo threw 3 picks in a loss to the Giants in his first real game and afterwards, all anyone talked about was how exciting he was.

The alternative was a slow middling death with Drew Bledsoe. At least when Romo was out there, even if he were making mistakes, it was an order of magnitude more exciting and you always felt like you had a chance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Very glad to hear this! Dak has a great opportunity here and he appears to realize and accept that fact.

In other words he is not a punk. I guess we wont see him getting thrown out of any malls because he is wearing his pants at his knees.

Personally, I think Dak is going to be the talk of the NFL in a few weeks.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words he is not a punk. I guess we wont see him getting thrown out of any malls because he is wearing his pants at his knees.

Personally, I think Dak is going to be the talk of the NFL in a few weeks.
With most positions, you can be patient while the player matures a little. For most of us, when we were 22-23 years old, if someone had given us millions of dollars, I suspect we would have had our own rebellions and issues. It's just human nature and part of the growing up process. However, quarterback is the one position where you need maturity from the start. If you look at many of the failed higher round draft picks at quarterback, you will find very few who were immature make it very long. Manziel is probably the biggest example out there. The good news is that Dak has shown a very impressive level of maturity so far both on and off the field.

Dorsett33

Reaction score

But I wish the comparisons to Tom Brady stops. Even if it is off the field stuff. It's not fair to him, or to Brady.
There's nothing wrong with the way HE see's it. It's a compliment. He should feel honored.

erod

Reaction score
Enough with the Tom Brady talk. Geez.

Kyle Orton won the starting job as a rookie, too. How'd that turn out?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

I'm guessing the coach has a better insight into this than us.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Enough with the Tom Brady talk. Geez.

Kyle Orton won the starting job as a rookie, too. How'd that turn out?

What does Orton have to do with Dak? Dak is walking his path, not Orton's.

strollinruss

Reaction score
I remember that game so vividly. The only loss that after the game I still felt happy. I remember that game so, so well. Romo brought us out of the cellar, and for that, he's my favorite Cowboy ever.
Let me guess you're in your 20s? That's ok though. Romo not a bad fav.

Back on topic. There was a new member here saying he just became a Cowboy fan because of Dak. Supposedly he was such a great teammate and good guy at Miss St this fan followed him to the pros. Don't know how much to read into all that but it's certainly not a bad sign.