News: DMN: Cowboys' strength coach: Dak Prescott's similar to Tom Brady off the field

plymkr

Reaction score
I was having a bad day at work until I tead that and now I'm in a good mood.

strollinruss

Reaction score
I wonder if the strength coach just perhaps saw his girlfriend and she reminded him of Gisele.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I love the fact that Dak is working so hard off the field. It's encouraging.

But I wish the comparisons to Tom Brady stops. Even if it is off the field stuff. It's not fair to him, or to Brady.
Yeah Tom Brady has a monopoly on the hard work quality just like the Patriots own doing your job.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
How fast would the Dak train crash if he completes sub 50% of his passes and throws let's say 1 TD and 2 ints in a loss to the Giants? In the grand scheme, 1 game doesn't matter, but will be interesting to see fans reactions.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I love the fact that Dak is working so hard off the field. It's encouraging.

But I wish the comparisons to Tom Brady stops. Even if it is off the field stuff. It's not fair to him, or to Brady.

Why? He's not in any way comparing on the field, he's talking about work ethic. Brady has very few peers on the field, but no one has exclusivity when it comes to work ethic.

jday

Reaction score
Woicik does not seem like the type to blow smoke.
That's kinda what I was thinking. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard Woicik really say anything good about anyone, so now that he has, I think we should probably take him at his word...of course, being in regards to Dak's work ethic, unless it actually does translate to the field, in hindsight, no one will care how much he worked to not show up when it counts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's kinda what I was thinking. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard Woicik really say anything good about anyone, so now that he has, I think we should probably take him at his word...of course, being in regards to Dak's work ethic, unless it actually does translate to the field, in hindsight, no one will care how much he worked to not show up when it counts.
The only other thing that I remember Woicik saying was that Jermey Parnell had the strongest punch that he (Woicik) had ever tested.

jday

Reaction score
The only other thing that I remember Woicik saying was that Jermey Parnell had the strongest punch that he (Woicik) had ever tested.
Now that you mention it, I think I vaguely recall that which is extremely shocking because of that 90's team he had a hand in coaching. Wasn't it Larry Allen who bench pressed 700lbs? I'm not sure Jeremy is on his level.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that you mention it, I think I vaguely recall that which is extremely shocking because of that 90's team he had a hand in coaching. Wasn't it Larry Allen who bench pressed 700lbs? I'm not sure Jeremy is on his level.
Punch is speed + strength.

RS12

Reaction score
Cowboys' strength coach: Dak Prescott's similar to Tom Brady off the field

This whole Dak 24/7 mania reminds me of Mark the bird Fidrych in the 70's. I hope it is not that short lived.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Off the field is fine, im looking for on the field success. If i need a upstanding citizen i won't look to NFL to find one. If Dak can win half the rings Brady has that will make me happy as far as the Cowboys go.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Let me guess you're in your 20s? That's ok though. Romo not a bad fav.

Back on topic. There was a new member here saying he just became a Cowboy fan because of Dak. Supposedly he was such a great teammate and good guy at Miss St this fan followed him to the pros. Don't know how much to read into all that but it's certainly not a bad sign.
Turned 29 in June. I remember Cowboys football from '94 on.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Yeah, a loss to the Giants and he throws 3 pics people will start talking about next years draft

And it's very possible he could do that - but he'll learn and get better.

Regardless of what happens next week or even this year I believe he will be the future of the Cowboys and it's hard to believe I would be saying that this year.