News: DMN: Dak Prescott explains how Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, Kellen Moore have helped him

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Ability to process lots of information quickly is the most important trait a QB can have. All the physical ability in the world means nothing without mastering the mental aspects of the game.

Yes you need decent size, reasonable arm strength etc. But without the problem solving capabilities required when on the field, QB's will go nowhere in this league.
:hammer:

Reaction score
Hey Sportsbabe....just some trivia...Winston is a borderline encyclopedia in the film room, supposedly.
Hard work and encyclopedia memory is huge. He clearly has all the physical tools. He still needs to process information faster on the field, IMO. He's isn't quite there pre snap yet. Not very accurate on longer throws is another issue with Winston.

He is still young and has lots of room to grow though.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
:starspin:
Hard work and encyclopedia memory is huge. He clearly has all the physical tools. He still needs to process information faster on the field, IMO. He's isn't quite there pre snap yet. Not very accurate on longer throws is another issue with Winston.

He is still young and has lots of room to grow though.
Thank God we've got Dak:starspin:

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Hey Sportsbabe....just some trivia...Winston is a borderline encyclopedia in the film room, supposedly.
I believe he got accepted to Stanford also. Just going off memory though, because I'm too lazy to look it up.

basstapp

Reaction score
Moore will be an assistant soon, Romo will be traded and Sanchez has a chance to show he can be a legitimate backup.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...-romo-mark-sanchez-kellen-moore-helped-season

This includes Dak. What do you expect from a Princeton grad.
I wound up reading the whole page, dak then aikman, then D Irving.

Irving got kicked out of college or off the team his senior year due to off field issues, but he learned from it and became
a different person.
That could have cost him millions, and was why he wasnt drafted.

What I liked was he said when he interviewed with nfl teams for practice squad, they asked hard questions and he didnt really
know the answers, so set about coming up with answers to all the questions they asked, and it got him to thinking differently.

He could grow into a good or very good player.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
My college team is Boise St. and I mentioned to friends after we drafted Dak that he and Kellen had similar mental traits. Of course, Dak has three more inches, a stronger arm, and athleticism, but beyond that, they are very similar.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I doubt we will ever know, but I wonder who, among our brain trust, wanted Lynch and Cook and who wanted Dak. I have my theories.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
It's interesting the roles each of the veteran QB's have in Dak's development. Moore helps his preparation leading up to the game, Tony helps during the game, and Sanchez helps keeping him on an even keel.

Much of Dak's success has been attributed to playing with great offensive talent. But he's also has the advantage of getting a graduate level education in quarterbacking from these veteran QB's.