News: DMN: Dan Le Batard: If I coached the Cowboys, 'I would've gone to Tony Romo four games ago'

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Who's crying? You're the ones who are afraid to see what Romo can bring to the table. Romo's supporters aren't afraid of competition. Dak's supporters want to simply hand over the starting job without even evaluating whether Romo might be more effective. What does that tell you?
We've seen 10 years of it, yuck.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yup, that has become very clear to me. They fill all their arguments with what "might" happen to Romo, or what "could" happen to Dak's confidence. It's pitiful. But not without precedence -- when Romo asked to COMPETE for the starting job, the coaching staff wouldn't allow it. Think about that for a second -- this guy has proven time and time again to be one of the very best QBs in the game...and the team won't even let him compete. It's pitiful and pathetic and weak.
If this is true, then the coaching staff is not living up to its duties because it goes against what Garrett allegedly promotes, i.e., competition to put the players who are deserving on the field. When Romo was ready, I wanted him to start, because 1) I don't think a starter should lose a job due to injury 2) he's a 10 year vet who was still playing at a high level 3) he even said this is the best team he's ever been a part of so it's a shame that he can't lead them to the end result 4) he's better than Dak right now 5) Dak is still young and has much to learn and be coached up 6) coaching staffs should stick to their principles instead of worrying about irrelevant buzzwords like "chemistry", "momentum", "going with the flow", and all other such nonsense. After all, isn't it a "process"?

Or perhaps the coaching staff is just diabolical and they're just saving Tony as a secret weapon. They really know how good this team could be with him at the helm and want to surprise people come playoff time. ;)

Blake

Reaction score
He has a near 100 QB rating for his career and you look at that and say "yuck." Yup, you're dialed in alright. LOL.

Has not had a single season where he has won consecutive playoff games, I think that's the "yuck" he is referring to.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
If this is true, then the coaching staff is not living up to its duties because it goes against what Garrett allegedly promotes, i.e., competition to put the players who are deserving on the field. When Romo was ready, I wanted him to start, because 1) I don't think a starter should lose a job due to injury 2) he's a 10 year vet who was still playing at a high level 3) he even said this is the best team he's ever been a part of so it's a shame that he can't lead them to the end result 4) he's better than Dak right now 5) Dak is still young and has much to learn and be coached up 6) coaching staffs should stick to their principles instead of worrying about irrelevant buzzwords like "chemistry", "momentum", "going with the flow", and all other nonsense. After all, isn't it a "process"?

Or perhaps the coaching staff is just diabolical and they're just saving Tony as a secret weapon. They really know how good this team could be with him at the helm and want to surprise people come playoff time. ;)

Oh, this is the best part. They thought they were showing strength by sticking to their guns and keeping Dak in there. In reality, they were weak, catering to all the media heads, who somehow got it in their heads that pulling Dak would destroy team chemistry. They listened to the masses and based their decisions on that. Pitiful. And yes, you're absolutely right -- this flies in the face of everything Garrett preaches. It's total BS.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You knew it was just waiting in the wings.

What's important is that we get high quality QB play. It matters a lot less where it comes from. To-date, the differences between Dak and Tony have been, incredibly, somehow inconsequential this season. The potential for schism has more downside now than any possible differential between the play of the QBs. I still think (for now) Tony is probably the better player, but now that it's Dak's job, there's no way I contemplate a switch.

At the moment, no. Give me another game like Sunday night's from Prescott and I do it without hesitation, telling the rookie he's done far beyond what can be reasonably expected of a rookie. If the offense isn't any better under Romo the last two games, then you return to Dak in the playoffs.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'm betting you'd rather be 8-5 with All-Romo?

Cmon man, bring something better than that. You're just making yourself look stupid. This is the weakest the NFL has been in years and we have a VERY good roster.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Cmon man, bring something better than that. You're just making yourself look stupid. This is the weakest the NFL has been in years and we have a VERY good roster.
I love messing with the Romo crowd, they are too easy. All the guy has to do is win a championship and they've got me.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Has not had a single season where he has won consecutive playoff games, I think that's the "yuck" he is referring to.

I swear, this is like arguing with a brick wall. Over and over and over again.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What is there to lose? The locker room, probably.

I cannot fully grasp this concept.

the players are there to play and apparently other than #13 are more than happy to show up and attempt to excel at their chosen profession, besides if there was distention among the ranks due to command decisions ,well, regardless of how important the disgruntled player/players believes themselves to be ,they
Are not Delusional to the point of financial/career suicide,, er,,ah,,other than maybe Clint longley,nevermind! that's not what I'm attempting to illustrate, what I'm trying to illustrate is these guys in that locker room are there for the singular reason of fulfilling their obligations of which THEY competed/battled and worked their backsides off for just to be in that team LOCKER ROOM.

(this has been a "rainbow and butterfly" with a unicorn in the periphery public service broadcast)

kumizi

Reaction score
Lebetard is right in a way. I believe Romo (if healthy) is a superior NFL QB at this point.

However, ownership, management, and the coaching staff has to think about the room when they make these decisions. They cannot bench a guy winning every game without sending some sort of message that Romo is more important than the team. That would cause carnage in the locker room. If Prescott has 1 more stinker this week and definitely if he has 2 more stinkers the next two weeks, they will go back to Romo.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You should have been around 5 years ago when it was me vs the board. I said that Romo was a small school nobody that will never win a Super Bowl and so far I'm 100% right.

And if he comes in and wins you will look like a gigantic dummy.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So....you're telling you watched the game yesterday and the offense looked the same as week 7?

When did they run all the miss-direction? options? Screens? Sweeps? Keepers? cause I missed them

No what I saw was last years drop back and wait till routes come open....

There were plenty of plays Dak had a clean pocket and just had bad mechanics throwing behind the receivers and throwing at the ground and over their heads.