News: DMN: DE prospect reportedly has interview with Cowboys that lasted longer than six hours

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Biggest issue right now is hand usage in this area," the scouting report said. "He has long arms and flashes a heavy punch but needs to be more active and violent with hands on a consistent basis and can continue to develop as a counter puncher."
Like the player but not at 4. If we trade down and get him, the first call I make is to Randy White.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heard There are concerns with his shoulder. Heard it was injured a good part of last season but he played through it.

hendog

Reaction score
I've been thinking with all these visits being first and second round type prospects that a trade down is their plan.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Lawson a lot as well.

Read that he is a junkyard dog type. Much prefer that kind of hustle to Bosa--who seems lazy and entitled in my opinion

visionary

Reaction score
If we drop to 15, I'm taking Lynch
Then I'll take billings or butler or Clark at 34

I think these are just back up/in case plans
I like what they're doing this year

fivetwos

Reaction score
Love Shaq Lawson. Long shot though. Both Wentz and Ramsey have to be gone AND the phone has to ring.

Although if it were me, I'd take him at four over Bosa in a second.

canters

Reaction score
I have seen this guy play. He would be nice at #34. Not a first round pick IMO unless somewhere near the end. Reminds me of a slower Terrell Suggs. Will have a good NFL career.

conner01

Reaction score
Like the player but not at 4. If we trade down and get him, the first call I make is to Randy White.

I think that would be the thought process. If they pick at 4 is more likely to be Bosa but if they trade back he is likely to be there. I don't think he is as good as Bosa. People take Bosa's interviews and assume he plays that way. He doesnt.he is the most polished pass rusher and a relentless motor, and although he was doubled and tripled last year he never wore down at the end of games

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I like Lawson a lot as well.

Read that he is a junkyard dog type. Much prefer that kind of hustle to Bosa--who seems lazy and entitled in my opinion

Lazy?? Have you seen him play?

Lawson is a 3-4 Steeler/Ravens type player. He doesn't fit the 4-3 very well, in fact I think his teammate Dodd is a better fit.