News: DMN: DE prospect reportedly has interview with Cowboys that lasted longer than six hours

jnday

Reaction score
I've been thinking with all these visits being first and second round type prospects that a trade down is their plan.

They could be looking at trading up from the second round as well which I think is more probable .

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
They seem to be doing a ton of homework on players that should be there waaaay after the 4th pick. Methinks they feel a franchise QB will not be there when they get on the clock and they will be working the phones like crazy to see if there are trade options available.

hendog

Reaction score
They could be looking at trading up from the second round as well which I think is more probable .

I think I'd rather use the xtra 2nd on a pick. I guess it all depends on who they trade up for. Lynch would be good

Gaede

Reaction score
Lazy?? Have you seen him play?

Lawson is a 3-4 Steeler/Ravens type player. He doesn't fit the 4-3 very well, in fact I think his teammate Dodd is a better fit.

I have. I'm addition to using my own eyes, I have also read several reports that his hustle is inconsistent, on and off. Which reinforce my belief that he is kinda lazy

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Dallas trades down--and I'd guess there's about a 50-50 shot at that happening-- Lawson would be a great one to target. imo

The trade up from the 2nd rd is possible too. Maybe even both.
I think the trade p from the 2nd would be easier if they had extra picks from an earlier trade down from 4th.

Could work out great.
3 very good (or eventually great) players for the price of two.

You just don't know until the draft is live, but it's a good idea to be prepared for all scenarios.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He is the poors man Bosa for me,not electric around the edge but also relentless like Bosa.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I have seen this guy play. He would be nice at #34. Not a first round pick IMO unless somewhere near the end. Reminds me of a slower Terrell Suggs. Will have a good NFL career.

I saw him play live twice. Dude is a monster. So is Dodd. Clemson had a nice set of ends last year. Just imagine the depth they had. These 2 and vic beasley 2 yrs ago. FWIW I like Dodd and Shaq as more complete players than vic. I know Shaq got all the hype bur when the game was being played Dodd was the guy that gave teams fits. Likely bc Shaq got more attention but still. Dodd lived in the backfield

manster4ever

Reaction score
If we move back, he's a strong possibility

ding ding ding. Which is why they spent so much time with him. He's a serious consideration at 7-15 in the first round if we trade down. I like the kid a lot.

manster4ever

Reaction score

Also true. I might be high saying we could target him from 7-15 with a trade down. He might be there late first round if we trade up from 34. Who knows? It only takes one team with Dline needs to nab him higher than many think he'll go.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I have seen this guy play. He would be nice at #34. Not a first round pick IMO unless somewhere near the end. Reminds me of a slower Terrell Suggs. Will have a good NFL career.

Suggs ran a 4.84 40 at the combine while Lawson ran a 4.70. He might not be anywhere as good a player as Suggs... but he's definitely not slower. Particularly if you consider them both at their current age.

Suggs was taken 10th overall. Of course that is after putting up 24 sacks (o_O) as a senior.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
They seem to be doing a ton of homework on players that should be there waaaay after the 4th pick. Methinks they feel a franchise QB will not be there when they get on the clock and they will be working the phones like crazy to see if there are trade options available.

Or they only consider one (or none) of the QBs to be franchise level and both Ramsey and Bosa might be gone.