News: DMN: Dez Bryant: 'We'll find out today' about MRI results

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm not and would not be surprised. I think he is overrated as well.

My thing is that to me he hasn't lived up quite yet to his full potential.

I believe this guy is actually capable of much more than he has shown. When he does; watch out!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have always liked Dez and always expected him to reach the level and or exceed that of Michael Irvin but he is not there as of yet.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
His tweet was "everything will be ok"

I don't like the wording.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dez will not practice today, no results from the mri yet.

Garrett is just not going to give the niners any info, that is what this is about.

The media keeps asking and he is not telling.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
also no smith or scandrick at practice today and free is limited.

Game at SF is going to be an adventure.

Doomsay

Reaction score
MRI images are essentially instant - any reporting delay in the radiologist's analysis. Unlike with most patients, I'm sure that the team didn't have to wait long.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MRI images are essentially instant - any reporting delay in the radiologist's analysis. Unlike with most patients, I'm sure that the team didn't have to wait long.

Yes. And the team must know that there is damage and he's not going to play. Otherwise, why not tell the Niners "he's fine, he's playing and you need to prepare"? I see no advantage to making them think he might not play when he actually is. So, I'm not looking forward to hearing the MRI results.

mugsybows

Reaction score
to me its the opposite, hes keeping the niners in the dark about their preparation. he may play or he may not either way prepare for both.

i feel like this is jason being jason and not giving anyone anything like usual. i honestly think dez is fine.

i mean he did the same thing with tony. everyone said nah hes out and heres jason saying eh hes day to day and we'll see come game time.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Gotta love when Garrett tries outsmarting people the same way he has during his entire tenure. News flash. If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, people will eventually figure you out.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Gotta love when Garrett tries outsmarting people the same way he has during his entire tenure. News flash. If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, people will eventually figure you out.
exactly every garrett presser is exactly the same, he gives you nothing thinking its gonna give the opponent and advantage if he does. this is garrett being classic garrett to me.

Sydla

Reaction score
to me its the opposite, hes keeping the niners in the dark about their preparation. he may play or he may not either way prepare for both.

i feel like this is jason being jason and not giving anyone anything like usual. i honestly think dez is fine.

i mean he did the same thing with tony. everyone said nah hes out and heres jason saying eh hes day to day and we'll see come game time.

This whole notion of keeping a team in the dark is overblown. 49ers will prepare for Dez playing and if he doesn't, they'll likely have a plan in place for that. In reality, their defensive game plan won't have to change all that much if Dez is out.

mugsybows

Reaction score
This whole notion of keeping a team in the dark is overblown. 49ers will prepare for Dez playing and if he doesn't, they'll likely have a plan in place for that. In reality, their defensive game plan won't have to change all that much if Dez is out.
maybe but to me this is how garrett operates. every presser i listen to he gives the media nothing until its like known in the public and he has to say oh yeah well dez is hurt. if we are gonna hear about dez being hurt we wont hear it from garrett in my opinion. i feel like jerry is way more likely to give that information or someone will leak it to a reporter and it catches fire.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
Considering that he continued to play with the injury my guess is that it could be a meniscus injury of some sort.

I know they're different sports but I've seen basketball players, OKC's Russell Westbrook for instance, tear their meniscus and finish out the game as if there was nothing seriously wrong with their knee.

If it is a meniscus maybe the delayed reporting is based on whether they should repair the meniscus or completely remove it. From what I understand surgical repair puts you on the shelf immediately for a longer period of time whereas if you opt to completely remove the meniscus the return time is greatly reduced; however the player is more likely to have long term knee issues and will probably have his career shortened a bit.

haleyrules

Reaction score
maybe but to me this is how garrett operates. every presser i listen to he gives the media nothing until its like known in the public and he has to say oh yeah well dez is hurt. if we are gonna hear about dez being hurt we wont hear it from garrett in my opinion. i feel like jerry is way more likely to give that information or someone will leak it to a reporter and it catches fire.
lolo. He is not allowed to say anything without Jerry's permission and then only after Jerry says it first.

Maverick84

Reaction score
there's an issue with his Obamacare status that's holding up the scan... smh